Clearwater Favorite Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
Clearwater Favorites: 9 reviews and 7 photos
Favorite thing: One of the important things to find when you are on the road are locations that have free wi-fi. During my trip, I was able to find one location that provided free wi-fi to customers, and that was at Mugs 'n Jugs.
There is nothing like enjoying free internet to surf Virtualtourist.com while eating some great chicken wings!
SSID here: Mugs
Hours Open: Sun-Thu 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am
1250 South Missouri Ave
Clearwater FL 33756
Favorite thing: If you are looking to plan an event in the greater Tampa Bay area, then you will likely consider Clearwater because of the Harborview Center. It is located right on the shore of the water in Clearwater, and has quite a bit of free parking as well as a large number of paid parking slots near it. There were several large ballrooms and meeting rooms located in this facility, as well as access to a couple shops and sandwich places within walking distance.
We hosted a multiple room event that held around 200 people, and it was a very nice place to hold it.
Harborview Center • 300 Cleveland St, Clearwater, Florida 33755
Favorite thing: Like some of the larger cities in the US, the parking meters in the city of Clearwater are equipped for the good old fashion coin or a city parking card. Luckily, the cost is not that great to park, with most of the meters I saw only costing $.25 per hour. The limit for a spot is 10 hours, which means a maximum of $2.50 a day. The hours of the meters are 8am to 6pm, so if you are out for an evening, you are fine to park on the street.
You can pre-purchase these parking cards in $10 increments at:
Park & Go cards available at:
City of Clearwater Municipal Services Building
100 S. Myrtle Ave., Suite 220
Clearwater, FL 33756
(727) 562-4892 (Parking Hotline)
Favorite thing: When you are travelling to and from Clearwater, you will likely be using the Clearwater Memorial Causeway to route yourself to/from the mainland. This causeway creates a bridge between Clearwater and Clearwater Beach and has been in use since 1920. It is now a four lane highway, but used to be two lanes.
The bridge was expanded in 2005, and to the grief of residents, the bridge took a lot longer than expected, being delayed over a year. The bridge is also known as Florida State Highway 60.
Enjoy your trip when visiting!
More Reviews (6)
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Clearwater Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "clearwater florida"
- "Clearwater Beach, Florida"
- "A quick stop in Clearwater"
- "One of the best spots in the Tampa Bay area"
- "Florida West Coast Enigma"
- "MelindaW's new Clearwater Page"
- "Clearwater Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clearwater
- Hotels in Clearwater
- Transportation in Clearwater
- Nightlife in Clearwater
- Restaurants in Clearwater
- Shopping in Clearwater
- Warnings and Dangers in Clearwater
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clearwater
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Clearwater?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clearwater
Photos in ClearwaterSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos