Georgetown Restaurant Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination

Georgetown Restaurants: 21 reviews and 42 photos

Fresh Catch on the Water - Georgetown
Nick's Riverside Grille: Fresh Catch on the Water

Nick's is a great place to meet friends for a drink and or a meal, as it is located right in the heart of the Washington Harbour in Georgetown. It has a pretty stock standard meal selection with fish, pasta, and chicken dishes. We decided to go very traditional for this area, and ordered the crab cakes. They were good, not the best I have enjoyed, but the ambience made up for it.

We sat in the section that was outside, which was perfect for this sunny April day. I had a great view of the Kennedy Center, while my co-workers had the view of the sun setting over the bridge. Both were perfectly well received, and every spot had a great view of the tourists and locals who were heading to their various activities and destinations.

Favorite Dish: The crab cakes is all I enjoyed, washed down nicely by a bottle of red wine.

Address: 3050 K Street N.W.

Comparison: more expensive than average

Phone: (202) 342-3535

Price: US$21-30

Rating: 3

Theme: Local

Website: http://www.dcseafood.com/nicks/index.htm

• Written Apr 6, 2007
Mr Smith Goes to Washington - Georgetown
Mr. Smiths: Mr Smith Goes to Washington

After our appetizers on the waterfront, we decided to venture up the road and see whatelse we could sample in Georgetown. We came across one of the restaurants in my list of places where I get bonus miles from American Airlines (aa.rewardsnetwork.com) and decided to put it to the test. In the front was a stock standard bar, with several patrons. As we went to the back however, we noticed there was a very nice open air courtyard for sampling of the wares. We chose to try the Spinach and Artichoke dip, which was very creamy and well prepared. We also tried the Yuengling Beer, which was contrary to popular belief, not from China. One of my Asian counterparts was disappointed by this fact, which led to later ribbing. On a previous visit years ago, I enjoyed the "Super Pumper" which was a glorified club sandwich, which was also tasty. If you get a chance, head on over to see Mr. Smith.

Favorite Dish: Lunches from $8, Dinners from $12

Theme: Local

Website: http://www.mrsmiths.com/

• Written Apr 6, 2007

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Georgetown

Have you been to Georgetown?

Latest Activity in Georgetown