Georgetown Restaurant Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
Georgetown Restaurants: 20 reviews and 37 photos
Nick's is a great place to meet friends for a drink and or a meal, as it is located right in the heart of the Washington Harbour in Georgetown. It has a pretty stock standard meal selection with fish, pasta, and chicken dishes. We decided to go very traditional for this area, and ordered the crab cakes. They were good, not the best I have enjoyed, but the ambience made up for it.
We sat in the section that was outside, which was perfect for this sunny April day. I had a great view of the Kennedy Center, while my co-workers had the view of the sun setting over the bridge. Both were perfectly well received, and every spot had a great view of the tourists and locals who were heading to their various activities and destinations.
Favorite Dish: The crab cakes is all I enjoyed, washed down nicely by a bottle of red wine.
Address: 3050 K Street N.W.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (202) 342-3535
After our appetizers on the waterfront, we decided to venture up the road and see whatelse we could sample in Georgetown. We came across one of the restaurants in my list of places where I get bonus miles from American Airlines (aa.rewardsnetwork.com) and decided to put it to the test. In the front was a stock standard bar, with several patrons. As we went to the back however, we noticed there was a very nice open air courtyard for sampling of the wares. We chose to try the Spinach and Artichoke dip, which was very creamy and well prepared. We also tried the Yuengling Beer, which was contrary to popular belief, not from China. One of my Asian counterparts was disappointed by this fact, which led to later ribbing. On a previous visit years ago, I enjoyed the "Super Pumper" which was a glorified club sandwich, which was also tasty. If you get a chance, head on over to see Mr. Smith.
Favorite Dish: Lunches from $8, Dinners from $12
Address: 3104 M Street NW
Comparison: about average
Phone: (202) 333-3104
More Reviews (5)
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood"
- "Historic and Trendy Georgetown"
- "Home of Universities, Presidents, Senators"
- "My home January 2004-- July 2006"
- "Historic Georgetown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Transportation in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Juanillo Hotels
- Pulau Mantang Hotels
- Provincia del Guayas Hotels
- Otocic Mrkan Hotels
- Llandrindod Wells
- Shawnee on Delaware
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Georgetown hotel reviews
- Washington Guest Suites Hotel
- 278 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013