"Palo Alto - Stanford University's hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Palo Alto by ATXtraveler
Palo Alto Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 256 photos
Palo Alto is a wonderful little city just north of San Jose, and about 35 miles south of San Francisco, located very close to the western edge of the San Francisco Bay Area.
It has been a city for over a hundred years, and is named after the 250 year old redwood tree that Spanish settlers found on the creek of San Fransicquito.
It is the home to Stanford University, among many other high tech industry companies.
For more information:
When you think of the typical American mall, alot of images of older buildings with many different stores comes to mind.... more travel advice
California Law states that pedestrians always have the right of way, however many times in the "cell phone" era, you... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Palo Alto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palo Alto - Stanford University's hometown"
- "The Tall Tree"
- "Palo Alto, California, USA"
- "Upscale University Town"
- "Palo Alto - Home of Stanford University"
- "GOING TO PALO ALTO"
- "Palo Alto: Not Just Stanford's Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palo Alto
- Hotels in Palo Alto
- Transportation in Palo Alto
- Nightlife in Palo Alto
- Restaurants in Palo Alto
- Shopping in Palo Alto
- Warnings and Dangers in Palo Alto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palo Alto
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Palo Alto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palo Alto
Photos in Palo AltoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos