"Scottsdale, Arizona - More than just a suburb" Scottsdale by ATXtraveler
Scottsdale Travel Guide: 265 reviews and 635 photos
The original settlers of Scottsdale were the Hohokam people, who started 200 miles of canals to irrigate the land of Arizona in its harsh desert environment.
The term Scottsdale comes from its original American residents, Winfield and George Washington Scott, who purchased this land for $2.50 an acre.
Information and photo courtesy of Scottsdale Visitor's Bureau:
If you are considering a trip to Scottsdale, the best thing to know is that Scottsdale is basically a suburb of the... more travel advice
The Westin Kierland is definitely one of the premier hotels in Scottsdale. It was a wonderful stay starting from the... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Scottsdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
- "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
- "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- "Scottsdale Has Grown Beyond Belief"
- "susie margaret and scottsdale, arizona, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsdale
- Hotels in Scottsdale
- Transportation in Scottsdale
- Nightlife in Scottsdale
- Restaurants in Scottsdale
- Shopping in Scottsdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Scottsdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsdale
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Scottsdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsdale
Photos in ScottsdaleSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos