Estado do Rio de Janeiro Things to Do Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
Estado do Rio de Janeiro Things to Do: 11 reviews and 22 photos
The international symbol of Rio de Janeiro must be the Christ the Redeemer statue that is located just outside the city. At 130 feet tall, this statue stands out on top of a highly religious city. The actual location of the statue is on the Corvocado Mountain, which is located inside the Tijuaca Forest National Park.
The history behind this statue was that in or around the 1850's, the idea for the statue was born, but it would take 80 years for it actually be erected. Brazil did not want to build this highly religious statue with public funds, so it was not erected until Brazilian Catholics had donated enough money to fund the statue. It was completed in 1931 and has been a tourist site ever since.
Address: Rua Cosme Velho, 513 CEP 22241-090
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (5521) 2558-1329
Without a doubt, the most important sporting event to attend when in Rio is a soccer match between two local Rio teams. Maracana Stadium is a part of world soccer history, and getting the opportunity to watch futbol with 40,000 other Rio locals is a true treat.
Sarah and I wanted to enjoy one of these trips, however we were a little fearful of trying to navigate this madness by ourselves, so we turned to the web. We were able to find a blog from a enterprising citizen of Rio, who volunteers his time to pick up tourists from their hotel, drive them to the game, buy their tickets and then take them safely back home.
The gentleman's name was Sergio, and he was very knowledgeable on all things Rio, futbol, and tourism. I would highly recommend his services.
More Reviews (8)
- The Famous Sheraton Rio
- Watch out for Marathons!
- Rio de Janeiro - Downtown
- Quick Padaria - Uno&Due
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Estado do Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entry into Brazil - Estado do Rio"
- "Rio's State"
- "Rio de Janeiro State Overview"
- "Rio de Janeiro"
- "MAUA AND OYSTERS"
- "Music Mission Tour to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil."
- "Rio de Janeiro surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- 72 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Estado do Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- Posted in Travel Moorea Forum "Re: Waterfall in Moorea"
- Commented on one of speer's Estado do Rio de Janeiro travel pages
- updated a Estado do Rio de Janeiro Travel Page "Entry into Brazil - Estado do Rio"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Entry into Brazil - Estado do Rio"
- Wrote a Review The Famous Sheraton Rio in Estado do Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Photos in Estado do Rio de JaneiroSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues