"Beautiful Penang (Pinang) Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang by ATXtraveler
Negeri Pulau Pinang Travel Guide: 3,114 reviews and 7,403 photos
For a long time, Malaysian port of Pinang was really a stopping point for traders moving from India to the Far East. It acted as a port in monsoon season, as well as a minor trading port until the British made a deal with the ruling leader of this part of Malaysia in 1786. The deal was that the British would be able to establish a colony here, in exchange for protection from neighboring countries/enemies. The colony's original name was "Prince of Wales Island".
Today, the look and feel of the island still has a little Brit in it. You will still be able to see alot more Asian influence however, especially with the three major influences of Malay, Indian, and Chinese here.
There is not much to say about this beer, as it is the native beer of Malaysia (although it is orginally from... more travel advice
Located at an elevation of 450 feet (which is rather high for a small island), is the Hotel Equatorial Penang. Of the... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Negeri Pulau Pinang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Pinang - State of Penang since 1786"
- "Pulau Pinang = Penang Island"
- "Pearl Of The Orient"
- "Beautiful Penang (Pinang) Island"
- "Pulau Pinang @ Penang"
- "Penang Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Hotels in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Transportation in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Nightlife in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Restaurants in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Shopping in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Pulau Pinang
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Negeri Pulau Pinang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Pulau Pinang
Photos in Negeri Pulau PinangSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos