Kakadu National Park Things to Do Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
Kakadu National Park Things to Do: 144 reviews and 340 photos
To say this cruise was the highlight of my trip would sort of be an understatement. After all, Kakadu is unbeliveably gorgeous all around, but in particular, this cruise gets you as close as possible to almost all of the fauna in the Northern Territory. There were salt and fresh water crocodiles, fish, birds, reptiles, did i mention crocodiles?
The cruise itself lasts about two hours, and is hosted by a highly knowledgable guide. Most of the guides are native to the area, or have a Aboriginal heritage, which makes them highly passionate about educating you of their native habitat.
We went during the change over period, yet officially the "dry" period. The cruise director did make mention that this cruise is spectacular at all times, but it is highly of interest to take it both in wet and dry climates to really see the difference. Rather than get into each individual species of animal we saw on this cruise, I will dedicate my "General tips" section to each of them, but look through the pictures here on this tip to really see the massive number of animals to be seen!
April to November
* 6:45 am - 2 hours
* 9:00 am - 2 hours
* 11:30 am - 1 1/2 hours
* 1:15 pm - 1 1/2 hours
* 2:45 pm - 1 1/2 hours
* 4:30 pm - 2 hours
December to March
* 8.30 am - 1 1/2 hours
* 11.45 am - 1 1/2 hours
* 1.30 pm - 1 1/2 hours
* 3.30 pm - 1 1/2 hours
1 Apr. - 30 Nov. 2008
Duration Adult Child*
1.5 Hours $50 $35
2 Hours $70 $49
Address: Kakadu Highway, Jim Jim, NT
Directions: Located off the Kakadu Highway south of Jabiru in Kakadu
Phone: +61 8 8979 0145
More Reviews (19)
- September Packing List
- Saltwater Crocodiles
- Aboriginal Original Art
- See All Fish - Barramundi
- Eating with your mouth open
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Kakadu National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kakadu and Arnhem Land with "VT Survivor""
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "VT Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008"
- "Magnificent Wetlands - Birdlife, Crocodiles"
- "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Kakadu National Park - A Special Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kakadu National Park
- Hotels in Kakadu National Park
- Transportation in Kakadu National Park
- Restaurants in Kakadu National Park
- Shopping in Kakadu National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kakadu National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kakadu National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (118)
Have you been to Kakadu National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kakadu National Park
- Posted in Travel Dallas Forum "Re: Best area to stay"
- updated a Kakadu National Park Travel Page "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- Wrote a Review September Packing List in Kakadu National Park What to Pack
- Commented on one of grets's Kakadu National Park travel pages
Photos in Kakadu National ParkSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos