Kakadu National Park Hotel Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
Kakadu National Park Hotels: 489 reviews and 29 photos
This lodge accommodation has a little of everything for the Kakadu Visitor. There are self contained cabins, a lodge setting with communal bathroom facilities for the backpacker crowd, and plenty of camping spaces for those who bring a caravan or a tent. We opted for the self contained cabin, since there were four of us on the trip, and there was a four person cabin available. The cabins themselves were similar to a trailer park, but the accomodation was perfect for a national park. There were two sets of bunk beds, and an ensuite and kitchen in this cabin. It also had access to a convienence store, and a communal pool and dinner area. We did choose to go swimming, and thoroughly enjoyed a nice pool dip after sweating all day on the drive. One warning however is to not leave your swimsuit hanging outside, as someone stole my swimming trunks! I could not understand why someone would steal a pair of XXXL swimtrunks, but they needed them more than me!
Accomodations are basic here, but far from roughing it, so enjoy!
Unique Qualities: * Reception open 8am - 6pm
* Check in: 2pm
* Check out: 10am
* BBQ area
* Licensed poolside bar/bistro
* Communal kitchen for lodge rooms
* Lagoon style pool/spa
* Rollaway beds and cots available from reception
* Coin operated guest laundry
* Souvenir shop and kiosk
* Iron and ironing board available from reception
* Complimentary parking facilities
* Safety deposit box at reception
* Tour desk
* Some disabled facilities are available on the property, 2 out of 4 amenity blocks, the pool area and the bistro. Please contact property for more information
Address: Amhem Highway, Kakadu National Park, 886, AU
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Kakadu Lodge is located 250km (approx 3 hours driving) from Darwin on the Arnhem Highway and is clearly visable from the road. The highway has clearly marked road signs all the way to Jabiru where you will find Kakadu Lodge.
More Reviews (19)
- September Packing List
- Saltwater Crocodiles
- Aboriginal Original Art
- See All Fish - Barramundi
- Eating with your mouth open
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Kakadu National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kakadu and Arnhem Land with "VT Survivor""
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008"
- "Magnificent Wetlands - Birdlife, Crocodiles"
- "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Kakadu National Park - A Special Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kakadu National Park
- Hotels in Kakadu National Park
- Transportation in Kakadu National Park
- Restaurants in Kakadu National Park
- Shopping in Kakadu National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kakadu National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Coral Cliff Hotel
- Alatimya Village Hotel Antalya
- The Burlington Hotel
- Tehran Grand
- Grand Inn Fargo
- Big Apple Hotel & Hostel Istanbul
- Staybridge Suites Portland- Airport
- Angkor Star Hotel
- Hotel Richelieu
- Econo Lodge Marmora
- Luang Prabang Bakery Guesthouse
- Hotel Danila
- W Mexico City
- Anchorage Motel
Badges & Stats in Kakadu National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Kakadu National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kakadu National Park
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: SF to Monterey Day Trip"
- updated a Kakadu National Park Travel Page "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- Wrote a Review September Packing List in Kakadu National Park What to Pack
- Commented on one of grets's Kakadu National Park travel pages
Photos in Kakadu National ParkSee All Photos (33)
Read real reviews about Kakadu National Park Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos