"2 days, 1 night... 5000 years of history!" Top 5 Page for this destination Idfu by ATXtraveler
Idfu Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 365 photos
During our trip from Aswan up to Luxor, one of our stays was in Idfu, home of the Temple of Idfu, which was dedicated to the God Horus. As you will see from my tips, it was quite a fun trip, and well worth the time stopping here on the way to Luxor.
- Pros:Great Temple, Fun Horseride
- Cons:Lots of street vendors!
- In a nutshell:Turn a deaf ear to the vendors, and you are in for a good time!
Early in the 20th Century, the Egyptians added a replica of the Barque of Horus to the sanctuary. Once a year, they... more travel advice
One of the largest walls in the temple is dedicated to the story of Horus. During the time that we went into this area... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Idfu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cruise from Luxor to Aswan via Edfu"
- "2 days, 1 night... 5000 years of history!"
- "Edfu, Horus Temple & again the souk"
- "Edfu / Idfu - the classical Temple"
- "Idfu or Edfu to You"
- "Best Preserved Cult Temple in Egypt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Idfu
- Hotels in Idfu
- Transportation in Idfu
- Shopping in Idfu
- Warnings and Dangers in Idfu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idfu
- 8 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Idfu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idfu
Photos in IdfuSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos