"Pharoah's preferred resting place, it must be good" Luxor by ATXtraveler

Luxor Travel Guide: 1,615 reviews and 4,398 photos

Luxor

Luxor is clearly one of the richest locations for history in the world. According to our tour guide, over 25% of the WORLD'S antiquities were found in Luxor. That stat is just amazing, although the way they count antiquities leads me to some believe on why that is true. There is the Colossi of Memnon, Queen Hatshepsut's grave, the Valley of the Kings, Luxor Museum... all amazing places!

• Pros:Rich History
  • Cons:Not enough time in Central Egypt
  • In a nutshell:All fans of history would find this home!
  • Last visit to Luxor: May 2004
  • Intro Written May 26, 2004

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I hope to get to Luxor at some stage, nice page.

• Feb 28, 2008 at 7:20 AM

I been only one time in Egypt and only in Cairo and Alexandria. Next time i will be in all Egypt! volopolo

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2006 at 11:29 PM

I love to read yr Egypt pages. It is a nice country and rich in historical buildings

• Sep 22, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Ich bin an einem Papyrus von Abu Simbel interessiert. In welcher Größe und zu welchem Preis? Ist es möglich das Papyrus auf einem Foto zu sehen?

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Another great page of another most interesting place.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 1:45 PM

Your trip to Luxor must have been wonderful!!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2006 at 1:26 AM

Doing my weekly `Surf and Rate` couple of hours and ended up here! Gr8 pics and info. I was only at Sharm-elSheik on the Red Sea back in 1978 ! ":*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*.隐形的 ღ (~_~)♫♫" TIM

• Dec 27, 2005 at 3:30 PM

My first o/s destination was to Eygpt.(the start of a 6 month backpacking trip) Met Scott there and backpacked for 7 weeks. I must tell you a couple of very funny stories about this next time we meet.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 5:14 AM

hi :) thanks for compliment. what kind of transportation did you take during luxor trip? we prefer bicycle. and it's nice!!!! passing colossi of memnon in the evening.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 6:45 PM

Would love to visit the world of Queen Hatshetsup next time I'm in Egypt. What an impression this exotic makes on you when you go there. Greetings from Australia and me!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Luxor