"The entry point to Upper Egypt" Aswan by ATXtraveler
Aswan Travel Guide: 634 reviews and 2,123 photos
Aswan is one of the key cities to Egypt's livelyhood. It is the location of their High Dam, which keeps the mighty Nile from flooding every year, thus allowing the farmers throughout Egypt to have several crop growing seasons per year instead of just one.
Aswan is also the capital of Upper Egypt (Upper Egypt referring to the South of Egypt, because the Nile runs from South to North).
- In a nutshell:Visit in the non-summer months!
One of the most interesting facts that we learned on our trip to Egypt is that 95% of Egyptians live with 12 miles of... more travel advice
On our trip to the Nubian Village, we did not just stay in the area in which most of the tourists flocked to... three of... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Aswan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Aswan"
- "Aswan, Egypt"
- "Aswan - beauty by the Nile"
- "One of the Most Attractive Cities in Egypt"
- "Going with the flow of the Nile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aswan
- Hotels in Aswan
- Transportation in Aswan
- Nightlife in Aswan
- Restaurants in Aswan
- Shopping in Aswan
- Warnings and Dangers in Aswan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aswan
- 14 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (118)
Have you been to Aswan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aswan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues