Pyramids of Giza Warnings Or Dangers Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
Pyramids of Giza Warnings and Dangers: 50 reviews and 42 photos
Evian is not Naive here!
I can not emphasize this point enough... do not let yourself go an hour without drinking a bottle of water.
Everyone in Egypt is very concious of this fact, but please do not discredit the advice. You will stay in your hotel room for at least one day recovering from heat exhaustion if you do not heed this warning. The heat, your physical activity, and the body's natural need for water will make you more dehydrated than you will ever know if you do not take in fluids.
Remember... diet coke and tea is not an equivalent.... have those things, but ALSO drink a glass of water.
Don't worry about bringing water to Egypt... they have plenty of vendors who sell them for $1USD, or your tour guide should have some in the bus.
Long distance picture of a camel rider
As fair warning to all amateur photographers out there, make sure you do not let the camel riders catch you taking a picture of them up close. They will immediately start hounding you for "baksheesh". This means they want you to tip them for their "pose" for a picture of their camel. They will relentlessly hound you until you find a tourism officer to protect you from them.
More Reviews (12)
- Leave most of it in the hotel!
- See All Four Legged Tour Busses
- See All Pyramid of Khafre
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Giza and its Pyramids"
- "My Giza Page"
- "Trip to Ancient History... Delivered."
- "G I Z A"
- "The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!"
- "Pyramids of Gezah"
- "The Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pyramids of Giza
- Hotels in Pyramids of Giza
- Transportation in Pyramids of Giza
- Nightlife in Pyramids of Giza
- Restaurants in Pyramids of Giza
- Shopping in Pyramids of Giza
- Warnings and Dangers in Pyramids of Giza
- See All...
Explore the World
- Thun Hotels
- Berettyoujfalu Hotels
- Ronduite Hotels
- Province of Nueva Vizcaya Hotels
- County Wicklow
- Departamento del Petén Warnings and Dangers
- Taxi companies
- Arles Warnings and Dangers
- Taman Negara Warnings and Dangers
- Mont-Tremblant Warnings and Dangers
- Antananarivo Warnings and Dangers
- Banaue Warnings and Dangers
- Kemer Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Fe Warnings and Dangers
- Sea Critters
- Republic of Montenegro Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pyramids of Giza
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: SF to Monterey Day Trip"
- Wrote a Review Leave most of it in the hotel! in Pyramids of Giza What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Leave most of it in the hotel!"
- created a Pyramids of Giza Travel Page "Trip to Ancient History... Delivered."
- Commented on one of globetrott's Pyramids of Giza travel pages
Photos in Pyramids of GizaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos