"Trip to Ancient History... Delivered." Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza by ATXtraveler

Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,432 photos

Well, with 10 months to go before our wedding, we found a great deal on a trip to Egypt... so off to Cairo! It was just a bus ride away to the Pyramids.

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon, and were ready for an adventure of a lifetime! Upon arriving at the airport, we met several people from our tour group, which was sponsored by Friendly Planet, a US based tour organization. We also met Hyanthum and Tamer, our guides for the trip from Wings Tours.

They took us to our Hotel, Sheraton Cairo Towers... where we checked in our bags, took a quick nap, and got back on the bus. From there we headed to Giza and the Cafe 55 for a real Egyptian dinner, and then off to the Pyramids for the amazing light and sound show.

If you want to know more about our trip... read the tips! (and feel free to leave me a comment)!

Also, emails are always welcome if you have questions...

• Last visit to Pyramids of Giza: May 2004
  • Intro Written Jan 23, 2005

• csordila's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Oh yes the baksheesh; that's what you do not have to give, but obligatory. By the way, camels are not the winner of the animal beauty contest, so you do not need to take any photo. Thanks for visiting my Cairo. Best. Laszlo

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Thanks for bringing back some memories of our visit here years ago - including unfortunately the harrassment from the camel owners ;-(

• Feb 29, 2008 at 4:19 AM

One of my archaeological favourite places in the world. volopolo

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Wow! You and Sarah are also well-travelled. That is one impressive travel page. Love your tips on the Pyramids of Giza. This is at the top of my wish list for sure. I wonder if the camel owners here were related to the ones we came across in Tangiers!!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2007 at 7:10 AM

Useful, helpful, interesting tips. Lots of "tid-bits" that I did not know about. Your warnings and tourist trap tips were especially informative.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Interesting and helpful page! I'm planning a trip there in a week. Your tips are very useful for me (baksheesh for making pics and video interdiction inside pyramids). Thanks Mark for sharing!

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 2:51 AM

I love your pages on Giza. They are fantastic. Cairo is a fascinating city. Cant wait to go back. Keep up the good work. xx

• ArianaR's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 5:23 AM

Excellent tips, you haven't missed a thing.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 6:05 PM

Aw the every faithful KFC. The Egyptians love the stuff. Personally I found the hawkers here the worse in Egypt. Very good page.

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 6:17 PM

Very interesting pages of a fascinating country. Thanks...

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza

Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?