Moorea Restaurant Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination

Moorea Restaurants: 41 reviews and 54 photos

Chez Luciano - Moorea

Chez Luciano

Chez Luciano's: Can't Go Wrong with Pizza in Moorea!

Although this is one of the last restaurants that we went to while we are on Moorea, I wrote this tip first because when you visit you will notice just how many pizza restaurants there are. It seems to be the national food of Moorea! Although we did not try all of the Pizza places, we did stop in at Chez Luciano for a great piece of Pizza Pie!

While by most accounts I would call this pizza average at best, the staff at Chez Luciano makes you feel very welcome, including the chef himself making dead cat noises and wearing crazy masks while scaring local video renters!

Favorite Dish: The bleu cheese pizza was excellent, as was the ham and cheese pizza.

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Western side of the island

Phone: 56.15.20

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 5

Theme: Pizza

Te Honu Iti - Moorea

Te Honu Iti

Te Honu Iti or "Chez Rodger": The Restaurant with Two Names!

As we sat in the lobby of our hotel room waiting for "pickup" which you will learn is the key to dining in Moorea, another couple which we had transported with a night before was sitting there waiting for their ride. We conversed again, and they mentioned going to Chez Rodger, the place named "Best on the Island" by many people. I replied... well I think we are going to Te Honu Iti, which I am pretty sure is well documented as "Best on the Island"... so we will have to compare notes! Sure enough when the restaurant van pulled up, we jumped in as he said Te Honu Iti, yet he was waiting for another couple... after 2 minutes of waiting, he called out "Anyone for Chez Rodger"? We all had a chuckle.

When you arrive at the restaurant, the first thing you want to do is ask for a bay view. The restaurant overlooks Cook's Bay, so go around sunset for a stunning early dinner. If you are not an early eater, make sure you show up around 7:30 then, when the scraps for the tables are sent out to the large stingrays hanging out just outside the window!

Favorite Dish: I had the veal chop which was delicious and pictured here below. The Bernaise sauce that came with it may have been one of the best sauces I have had, and I am a very saucy kind of guy!

Address: On Cooks Bay

Comparison: most expensive

Directions: Closed Monday and Tuesday

Phone: 56. 19. 84

Price: US$41 and up

Rating: 4

Le Mahogany Curried Shrimp - Moorea

Le Mahogany Curried Shrimp

Le Mahogany: Best Dish in a Moorean Restaurant!

Please heed this warning now!

As many of you know, I go 6'3 and 300 lbs, so I know good food when I taste it. I also enjoy a good bit of spice, as I see no point in eating bland food. I know what good food is!

If you are a true "foodie" skip over everything else on the menu at Le Mahogany and go straight for the curried shrimp here. It truly is the best meal I had on the island, bar none. It had just enough curry to leave your mouth salivating, but just enough coconut to keep you coming back for more.

The service was a tad slow, and the staff was not as friendly as other places we ate, but I would sacrifice that all again to have more curried shrimp here!

Address: Near Bali Hai

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Closed Wednesday

Phone: (689)56.39.70

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 4

La Plantation - Moorea

La Plantation

La Plantation: Best Service on Moorea!

If you only have one night in Moorea, you are missing out on some delicious restaurants. But if you have to make a decision on where you will choose to eat your only meal, I would make it La Plantation. While I thought that the food itself at Le Mahogany was slightly better, the service at La Plantation is second to none.

Sarah and I tend to eat a little earlier in the evening, so that we miss the crowds and really get better service and the best tasting cuts of meat from the restaurant, and this was no exception. I had a wonderful steak with a rich French Mushroom sauce, and Sarah enjoyed a Kingfish/Mahi Mahi braid of seafood. The owner of the restaurant, and two waiters were there to service our every need, and uncommon of the other restaurants, our water was always full.

In addition, our waitress was very friendly and wanted to practice her English, which she was already quite good at! All around, I would rate this a 9 out of 10 as the best place we had on the island.

Address: Just call for Pickup

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Across from Club Med

Phone: 56.45.10

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 5

• Written Apr 21, 2005

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Moorea