Auckland Things to Do Tips by ATXtraveler
Auckland Things to Do: 406 reviews and 671 photos
What do you do with a run down marina? Renovate it into high priced restaurants and apartment buildings aimed for the posh downtown nightlife crowd, of course!
With major sporting events like the America's Cup yachting race, the All Blacks rugby matches versus Australia and the world, amongst others, this area has become quite the international social scene now. There are also high end souvenir shops and the Maritime museum.
Enjoy the bars, restaurants, and nice waterview! If you make it down here around the daytime, you can also enjoy sailing a real America's Cup yacht!
Address: Viaduct Basin
It touts itself as one of New Zealand's premier attractions, which is something that should not be taken lightly. After all, this is coming from the country that gave us zorbing, jetboating, and most importantly bungee jumping. Taking all that into consideration, the Auckland Skytower looks like Seattle's Space Needle from afar, but is much more than that in person.
Skytower actually has several parts to it... a casino for the oxygen deprived slot machine generation, fine dining in a rotating restaurant for the foodies, and a couple adrenaline injecting sport activities like the Skyjump and Skyclimb!
For those more on a normal tourism adventure, stick with the observation deck, which is assured to give you the best vantage point in the entire city!
Address: Cnr Federal & Victoria Streets, Auckland.
Phone: 09 - 363 6000
More Reviews (16)
- See All SuperShuttle New Zealand
- See All Old Fashioned Service at the Hyatt
- Mission Bay Public Parks
- See All Have a VT Nightcap!
- Watch out for VTers in the elevator!
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Auckland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Auckland"
- "AUCKLAND - CITY OF SAILS"
- "Between Rainforest and Traffic Jam"
- "Auckland - City of Sails."
- "Auckland Area Views"
- "Auckland - City of Sails"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auckland
- Hotels in Auckland
- Transportation in Auckland
- Nightlife in Auckland
- Restaurants in Auckland
- Shopping in Auckland
- Warnings and Dangers in Auckland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auckland
- 18 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (118)
Have you been to Auckland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auckland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (97)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Queen Street & Downtown- 29 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Skytower Complex and Casino- 57 Reviews, 116 Photos
- Auckland Museum and Domain- 42 Reviews, 93 Photos
- Mt Eden- 16 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Kelly Tarltons Underwater World- 18 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Devonport- 22 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Cornwall Park & One Tree Hill- 10 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Victoria Park Market- 9 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Auckland Zoo- 14 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Viaduct Basin & Downtown waterfront- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Auckland Things to Do