"Glenelg - Adelaide's Historical Port" Top 5 Page for this destination Glenelg by ATXtraveler

Glenelg Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 215 photos

Our first experience with South Australia

Sarah was nice enough to plan out a wonderful 30th birthday weekend for us in South Australia. Upon landing from the airport, it was clear we were best served by getting something to eat as soon as possible. After surveying the map and looking at our tips from Virtual Tourist, Glenelg looked like an ideal spot.

The city is located about 6 kms from Adelaide Airport, and about 15 km southwest of the Adelaide CBD.

There are plenty of nice restaurants located here, as well as a Great White Shark Exhibition, a little seashore, and a nice boardwalk for a stroll.

• Last visit to Glenelg: Jun 2006
  • Intro Written Jul 8, 2006

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 10:51 AM

An interesting page about this historical port city. The Glenelg townhall picture is great. South Australia is a region I haven't seen yet, thanks for the virtual tour. Nancy : )

• Rusket's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 3:24 AM

The train ride will not be the same with modern trains :-( Good to see the old ones will run through weekends! I wasn't aware of the shark museum, now I have another reason to go back :-)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Howdy Mark, wow, that shark does look so scary, but hey I saw one up and close on a exhibit Seaworld had at our fair....yikes it was huge. Stay out of the water will ya? Hugs!

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 4:56 AM

I can tell Sarah's away...you've got time to write tips !!!!! :)

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Glenelg

Have you been to Glenelg?

Photos in Glenelg