"Another Chilly trip out of Melbourne!" Mount Dandenong by ATXtraveler

Mount Dandenong Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 91 photos

A weekend in the Dandenongs!

Sarah and I took a day out to head up to Mount Dandenong, which is located in Dandenong Ranges National Park, 35 km east of Melbourne.

Just like our weekend excursion the week before to Phillip Island, this was a cold trip, but that did not put us off from getting out and doing a little hiking and sightseeing!

When you arrive at Mount Dandenong, if you head up to SkyHigh Mount Dandenong, you get a beautiful view of Melbourne CBD and the greater Melbourne city!

• Last visit to Mount Dandenong: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 23, 2005

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 7:51 AM

I live up this way now. The Kokoda Track is 10 minutes walk from me. It's tough - I haven't made it all the way yet.

• Jan 26, 2008 at 8:07 PM

When we went in 2007 we had to pay the $4 but there was no reimbursement with purchase so I don't think they do this anymore.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 9:23 AM

Great page! We had the real Kokoda Trail just up the road while living in Papua! The Aussie troops with American air support inflicted the first WW2 land defeat of the Japanese in that battle! We've got a Snooty Fox in Fredericton too, service is good!!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 6:39 AM

I'd go just to get that picture of the kookaburra! 51 degrees isn't cold!! You must be from Texas!! ;-)

• adawn412's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 1:06 AM

Looks like a nice day trip - but maybe more fun when it is warmer! :)

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 5:01 AM

Great tips, honey :)

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Mount Dandenong

Have you been to Mount Dandenong?

Latest Activity in Mount Dandenong