"A COLD Afternoon on Phillip Island!" Top 5 Page for this destination Phillip Island by ATXtraveler

Phillip Island Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 227 photos

BRRRRRR! Phillip Island in July

Sarah and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip a couple hours south to enjoy the winter weather blowing in from Antarctica on Phillip Island.

Phillip Island is located 2 hours South East of Melbourne, and would be much better to experience during the summer. I am still thawing out as I write this!

• Last visit to Phillip Island: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 16, 2005

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2007 at 8:20 PM

Funny to see you all dressed up in winter gear, we were there in their summer :-) The penguin parade was a really, really cool thing to see, a real highlight of our trip!

• Nov 8, 2007 at 1:09 AM

This is one place I would definitely be going. Looks like I need to bring lots of warm clothes in Jan!

• sue&gene's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 7:03 AM

Do you miss the Australian winter?

• ThePriest's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2005 at 10:46 PM

We will have to come in the summer time!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 4:04 AM

It is always nice to visit strange little islands like this, but usually in warmer weather! I had a laugh at your two very good Warning tips! Thanks for the chilly tour!

• adawn412's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 1:07 AM

Brrr! But I guess it was a pretty close place to visit, huh?

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2005 at 6:47 AM

Gosh you picked a cold time of year to visit... go back in summer :-) but what a great sight down there though... shame you can't take the photos of the parade.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 8:39 PM

I'm with that last commentary. I'll go to Phillips Island- or anywhere in Australia- only in summer from here on in.

• hekate's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 4:04 AM

hm, mark, I wonder why you chose to go there during the winter season. Still looks like an interesting destination in sunnier times :)

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 4:53 AM

Yikes. It looks cold, but definitely some cool scenery.

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Phillip Island

Have you been to Phillip Island?