"The Only word here is WOW." Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas by ATXtraveler

Port Douglas Travel Guide: 227 reviews and 586 photos

Not much more describes this...

With three people in the car on a roadtrip for 7 days, sometimes the conversation can get a little stale. After all, the average person can not save up enough to talk about and evenly distribute the conversation across the whole trip.

This is not the case when you travel to Port Douglas and the surrounding areas. There was never more than 10 minutes without one of the three of us spotting an opportunity to point, comment wow, then proceed to inform the other two of the sight being witnessed.

From a scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef, to a outback road drive to Cooktown, to a tropical rainforest canopy walk in Daintree National Park, a week in Port Douglas would never be enough. But alas, with 7 days.... we made the most of it!

• Last visit to Port Douglas: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2006

• Jun 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Another nice page of you!

• cnango's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Gr8 page here Mark, it brought back a lot of memories of our visit here years ago. I went in the small sub-big mistake I should've gone skin diving like my family (& you) - then I wouldn't have gotten sea sick LOL !

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 11:20 PM

Time to dust off my snorkel and head back here - its been too long!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 4:58 AM

Isn't Port Douglas a gorgeous part of FNQ! My parents spend their winters there enjoying the mild weather and shopping at the Sunday market!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Glad you found Nemo and had a great first dive!

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 7:13 PM

Another place I WILL get to see one day........ : )

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 2:40 PM

Nice part of the country. I can't wait to see what else you post.

• Apr 15, 2006 at 2:21 AM

:) Good start, Hey I see you did the Cooktown track....I LOVE this part of the world, I think Cooktown could do with a good cafe'....there is so much one could do there, business wise!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Port Douglas

Have you been to Port Douglas?