"Strahan, Tassie's Western Port" Top 5 Page for this destination Strahan by ATXtraveler
Strahan Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 143 photos
After we left Launceston, we headed across to Strahan. Strahan used to be a booming 2000 person port city on the West Coast, protected from the open ocean by Hell's Gates and MacQuarie Harbor. Today, the town is about 500 strong, and its major industry is fishing and tourism.
It is also the gateway to the Gordon River and Sarah Island, which I will try to write a little more about!
With Strahan being such a small town, some businesses that focus on morning goods such as bread, coffee, and juices for... more travel advice
As we get into town, we check into our hotel and read the brochures for the local restaurants. Based on the menu, we... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Strahan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: TASMANIA-STRAHAN"
- "Strahan - The Best of West Tasmania"
- "Strahan, Tassie's Western Port"
- "A Beginners Guide to Strahan"
- "A world apart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strahan
- Hotels in Strahan
- Transportation in Strahan
- Restaurants in Strahan
- Shopping in Strahan
- Warnings and Dangers in Strahan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strahan
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (119)
Have you been to Strahan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strahan
Photos in StrahanSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues