"G'Day from the Red Centre" Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) by ATXtraveler

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Guide: 460 reviews and 1,271 photos

Welcome to the official middle of nowhere!

Well, on a whim, Sarah and I decided we were headed to the middle of nowhere, literally, Uluru. Uluru is the located directly in the middle of Australia, and is located 8 hours from the next town, Alice Springs, and many many kilometers away from the border of Western Australia, much less the distance to Perth!

I would definitely recommend taking the plane directly into Yulara unless you have plenty of time to travel throughout the middle of the Northern Territory!

Sarah and I went for a total of three days, and that was exactly long enough!!

• Last visit to Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock): Mar 2006
  • Intro Written Apr 2, 2006

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Just as a follow up to the comment earlier, it is confirmed that Uluru is the largest monolith.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

This is a very unique place to visit. I am thinking that maybe a trip out that way may be worth the plane ride. Good pictures and comments

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2010 at 3:54 AM

Some nice info and tips, thanks for sharing. I should add that Uluru isn't the biggest monolith just by way of an update. Cheers.

• Oct 9, 2008 at 12:13 PM

My dream is to be in Jenolan Caves Australia!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 5:26 AM

Looks like a great place for youngsters like you two to explore, but I am not convinced that I want to include this area when we visit Australia next year. Interesting page!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 10:04 AM

A very thorough description of Uluru National Park. It's an area I'm not too well versed about so your information was certainly education. You always include a bit of humor which I appreciate. Well done!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM

I like your description of bushwalking! So many people told me not to go here that I skipped it, good to see the other perspective :-)

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Great photos and tips. I can't wait to get there in June (and I won't forget my hair---:-) Ann, The Travel Slut

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Interesting and practical guide to visiting Uluru. "Nganana Tatintja Wiya" is fine with me. There are enough other places in the world to climb around on. Is it still possible to take a train to Alice Springs? I think that's what I would do.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 11:57 AM

I've never known too much about traveling to Uluru, but the sunsets and free soda is a good reason for me to look into it. Great photos of the sunsets!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)

Have you been to Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)?

Photos in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)