"Belize City and Countryside - Dec. 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City by ATXtraveler
Belize City Travel Guide: 245 reviews and 495 photos
In December 2004, Sarah and I took a Western Caribbean Cruise on Norweigan Cruise Lines. Our third port of call was Belize City, where we faced a very "tender situation". Because Belize is surrounded by the second largest barrier reef in the world (kudos to those of you who immediately guessed Australia's Great Barrier Reef as its superior), we had to enter Belize via tender boats. After a forty minute tender into shore, we met up with the wonderful "Cock and Bull" terminal of Belize City.
Given the short duration of our trip, we decided we would take advantage of our time by going on a cave tubing excursion. We were able to meet up with BelizeCruiseExcursions.com and had a wonderful time at half the cost of the cruise sponsored excursion.
- Pros:Caves, Mayan Culture, Great Food
- Cons:Dirty Metro Area, Limited Resources
- In a nutshell:Do it!
Although very outdated, Belize is the one city in the world that can still boast it owns and operates a manual swing... more travel advice
Belize City is quickly becoming a popular spot for people to visit on Western Caribbean Cruises. During our Dec. 2004... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Belize City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belize ~ Dedicated to Wildlife Preservation"
- "Belize City - I've Seen Better!"
- "Seedy Old Colonial Capital"
- "Belize City and Countryside - Dec. 2004"
- "Belize City"
- "Belize City"
- "belize city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belize City
- Hotels in Belize City
- Transportation in Belize City
- Nightlife in Belize City
- Restaurants in Belize City
- Shopping in Belize City
- Warnings and Dangers in Belize City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belize City
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Belize City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belize City
- Posted in Travel Moorea Forum "Re: Waterfall in Moorea"
- Commented on one of JetlagCity's Belize City travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Cave Tubing Pictures"
- created a Belize City Travelogue "More Cave Tubing Pictures"
- Wrote a Review Belize's Famous Swing Bridge in Belize City Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Belize CitySee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues