"Belize City and Countryside - Dec. 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City by ATXtraveler

Belize City Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 496 photos

Tender Situations

In December 2004, Sarah and I took a Western Caribbean Cruise on Norweigan Cruise Lines. Our third port of call was Belize City, where we faced a very "tender situation". Because Belize is surrounded by the second largest barrier reef in the world (kudos to those of you who immediately guessed Australia's Great Barrier Reef as its superior), we had to enter Belize via tender boats. After a forty minute tender into shore, we met up with the wonderful "Cock and Bull" terminal of Belize City.

Cave Tubing

Given the short duration of our trip, we decided we would take advantage of our time by going on a cave tubing excursion. We were able to meet up with BelizeCruiseExcursions.com and had a wonderful time at half the cost of the cruise sponsored excursion.

• Pros:Caves, Mayan Culture, Great Food
  • Cons:Dirty Metro Area, Limited Resources
  • In a nutshell:Do it!
  • Last visit to Belize City: Dec 2004
  • Intro Written Dec 11, 2004

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Wow.. Belize is an amazing destination.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Belize is on my wish-list and I can now add cave tubing to the list of what I'd like to do there! I agree about the value of VT in passing on info re good guides, companies etc (and I always like a good beer recommendation too!)

• Feb 29, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Great cave picture! I love caves. I have also a great cave picture in my Alonissos Island site. volopolo

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for the interesting and helpful tips. We're heading for Belize in three weeks. Can't wait.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 9:53 AM

That swinging bridge looks interesting. Did you see it open? We tendered into Cabo San Lucas on a cruise. Tendering can be a painful process.

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 6:50 PM

You comments on Belize city are very kind.

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 9:54 PM

I just loved Belize. Although we didnt do the cave tubing, we did go exploring one of the caves by walking. Nice page you got here!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Mark, very useful tips here!! My wife and I are booked for 2+ weeks in Belize for Feb/06 so I may just have to follow in your footsteps (or tube-steps)!!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Looks like you took full advantage of a quick stop. The caving looks eerie, but great.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 4:07 AM

Nice page

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Belize City

Have you been to Belize City?

Latest Activity in Belize City