"An Afternoon in Kuantan" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan by ATXtraveler

Kuantan Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 433 photos

A quick introduction

Kuantan is a small fishing village and town located on the east coast of Malaysia in the province of Pahang. It has a decent dock facility, as well as a prime location in between Singapore and Bangkok, which allowed P&O Cruises to choose it as a location to stop on our 7 day cruise.

What really interested me the most about Kuantan was the large diversity of cultures. During my journey, I visited a Muslim Mosque, Hindu temple, and also a small fishing village... all different, yet all Kuantan.... join me!

• Last visit to Kuantan: Mar 2006
  • Intro Written Mar 5, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM

It must have been a nice experience to see the culture there. YOu did a nice commentary of the sites

• May 29, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Great Muslim Mosque in Kuantan picture

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2008 at 4:13 AM

Quite charming page on Kuantan. I esp. enjoyed the whimsical Hindu temple. Also glad you enjoyed my Milwaukee page. We had a fun day there.

• mylias's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 9:13 PM

It has a population of about 350,000 todate. Can it be a small fishing village? Hyatt Kuantan is a 5 star hotel. Its more than a fishing village.

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Hi mate, surprise you've a page on Kuantan and it's Number 1! What's new with you?

• MommaCarroll's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 8:17 PM

Well, if Deecat likes it... who can go wrong!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 10:40 AM

Mark, I enjoyed your virtual tour of Kuantan, which I knew little about. I appreciate your tidbits which add interest to your already well done narratives. Some quite lovely photos too.

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Kuantan

Have you been to Kuantan?

Latest Activity in Kuantan