"To Honor the Dead, and to Remind the Living" Top 5 Page for this destination Dachau by ATXtraveler
Dachau Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 479 photos
Words can not describe how terrible you feel knowing that the site of so many senseless deaths occurred in such a beautiful part of the world. If you were to walk into Dachau today, and you were told this facility was used to house the troops of the German army during war, most likely the first thing you would notice is the beautiful valley, the cool breeze and the beautiful sunshine.
Unfortunately for the world, this facility was much more than a Army training ground. It was the site of one of the most gruesome death sites in world history.
Dachau was one of many Jewish Concentration Camps in which hundreds of thousands of Jews lost their life during the period of Hitler's reign.
The sights and sounds of this portion of my trip made us all queasy, and you definitely leave the place with a different outlook on life.
It is not for the faint of heart, and out of respect for the Jewish community, I will only share a few of the pictures.
One of the most interesting parts of our whole trip was that we were able to hire a "free" translator... which really... more travel advice
The Bavarian way of life is never more evident than when you travel into the heart of Dachau and enter one of the... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Dachau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Dachau: the beginning of the end"
- "To Honor the Dead, and to Remind the Living"
- "dachau germany"
- "The former SS concentration camp"
- "Dachau, even the name evokes horror..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dachau
- Hotels in Dachau
- Transportation in Dachau
- Nightlife in Dachau
- Restaurants in Dachau
- Warnings and Dangers in Dachau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dachau
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (119)
Have you been to Dachau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dachau
- Posted in Travel Melbourne Forum "Re: Melbourne (after a business..."
- Commented on one of herzog63's Dachau travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hire a German College Student in Dachau Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hire a German College Student"
- created a Dachau Travel Page "To Honor the Dead, and to Remind the Living"
Photos in DachauSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos