"Waterfalls Galore!" Ricketts Glen State Park by Beth75NJ
Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos
Ricketts Glen Park is filled with about 29 waterfalls! most of them are pretty significant size too. Be prepared for some pretty steep hiking and be sure to wear good hiking boots as things can get slippery. The sign at the beginning of the hike could scare you but I felt pretty safe for our hike. Basically, use common sense and you'll be okay. I think there are more mild hikes if your more looking for a nature walk. Be sure to bring plenty of film and plenty of BUG SPRAY! with all the moisture the bus can be pretty bad. Some areas don't mind if you go for a dip too.
You can camp actually in ricketts glen but there are no pets allowed. there are lots of other campsites near by so I'm sure you could find a place to accomidate your furry friends if necessary. Alex and I stayed at "Ricketts Glen Inn" with the motto of 'conviently located in the middle of nowhere!" .:) thanks to AMy (kazander's) recomendation. you shoudl totally check out her page for amazing pix and tips by the way- i would link to her but i don't know how- but i digress. Ricketts glen inn looks like a restaraunt from the front. And from the inside ;) you walk in and go to the hostess stand, tell them you're looking for a room. The rates are cheap. about $40 $50. The rooms mostly share a bathroom (which was clean) but there is one or maybe two with a private bath (we were promised that when we got there it was booked). YOu get a room with maybe a tv, and a window. You can sit on the back steps and listen to the sounds of the night. and it's close to the park
be sure to bring a tripod too (mine was too heavy to lug, a lighter one is surely on my wish list) for those long exposures! i used the rocks and fences...
or bring a sketchbook of that's what you're into. you'll surely be inspired
- Pros:gorgeous waterfalls and amazing nature
- Cons:lots of bugs!
- In a nutshell:bring the bugspray, strap on the boots and go check it out!
There is a pretty big range of trails but with the waterfalls they can be slippery. Be sure to wear good hiking boots.... more travel advice
Beth75NJ's Related Pages
Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Hiking and Scenery"
- "Beautiful hike with TONS of waterfalls"
- "I Eat moss!"
- "Ricketts Glen State Park"
- "Waterfalls Galore!"
- "Rickett's Glen State Park- Under Construction"
- "Winter Romantic Get-Away"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Hotels in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Nightlife in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Restaurants in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Shopping in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Ricketts Glen State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Denali National Park and Preserve Hotels
- Cebu Island
- Pelican Island Hotels
- Bomerano Hotels
- Newport Beach
- Citrus Springs Hotels
- Zakarpats'ka Oblast'
- Bad Schandau
- Negeri Pahang
- Olifantsfontein Hotels
- McLeod Ganj
- Cuernavaca Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ricketts Glen State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ricketts Glen State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ricketts Glen State Park
Top 5 Pages
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 4 photos
- Beach Haven Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Bear Valley Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rochester Intro, 6 reviews
- Brooklyn Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos