"Much more than just London" United Kingdom by christine.j

United Kingdom Travel Guide: 95,208 reviews and 228,897 photos

Update July 2010:
Cotswolds on your own

My favourite place for travel is the UK, maybe because the first time I had to find my way on my own was in London when I was 13. At this time I spoke German and French only, but I managed and was very proud of myself. Since then I've been back lots and lots of times,in the last years mostly to other places apart from London. There is so much to see and do in the UK.

In August 2009 I met VT member Leics - Jane - who showed me Peterborough Cathedral, another one of the magnificent cathedrals in the UK.

From Scotland...

to Devon

• Pros:A huge variety of places to go and things to see
  • Cons:Not exactly inexpensive
  • In a nutshell:I'm planning my next trip
  • Last visit to United Kingdom: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2010

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Hope to see some highland highlights soon :~)

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2008 at 11:25 PM

I can't imagine trying to, say, get around in Germany when I was 13 and not knowing German, so I can't possibly imagine your UK experience! I'm glad you liked it well enough to keep going back.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Oh, I should have looked before my trip :-)) Marks&Spencer cafe sounds good and I had one next door on my first 2 days. So much good stuff here and now I am off to Shrewbury :-)

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 2:51 AM

Christine, just looking in to pinch some of your London material. ;-) What can one say ?? There is only one London after all. You are a great traveller. German lady here picking and drying mangoes up north just now !!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2007 at 2:00 AM

Come and see us up North sometime! We're a grand bunch of folk! Gillybob greetings

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 5:53 AM

Very useful transportation tips. Did not know about Oxfam shops - worthy of our patronage. Cheers from Penang, SL :)

• sennaya's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 10:56 AM

We'd love to find your hotel in Devon, sounds great!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 10:02 AM

I have never been to UK :-(. Thanks for your nteresting and very, very useful tips. I willl attend evensong in an English church for sure :-)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 10:23 AM

I see you had coffee in my favourite shop!

• Nov 8, 2006 at 4:40 AM

If U shop around U can get good deals on good class hotels Bayswater is NOT a nice district For supposed frequent UK visitor U not say much!!!!!! Por que???

christine.j Visits Here Frequently!

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in United Kingdom

Have you been to United Kingdom?

Latest Activity in United Kingdom