"A sleepy town with lots of history" Ladenburg by christine.j
Ladenburg Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 248 photos
Ladenburg is a small town close to Mannheim and Heidelberg. In Roman times it was the capital of the region here, back then an international, busy town. The bishops of Worms ruled there for about 1000 years.Today it is a very quiet,small town with very good restaurants.
Just to illustrate how quiet it is today:
Some weeks ago I was waiting on the market square when a car was being towed. In Mannheim of Frankfurt nobody would look twice, but in Ladenburg erverything stopped. It was a market day, the farmers were watching, their customers were watching, the schoolkids were watching and when the car was gone, everybody started talking about it. Finally something had happened! Other people who had been too late to see the action were pitied , and then they were told every tiny bit.
The only update is a tip in the warning and danger section, which really illustrates the term "sleepy" little town for Ladenburg.
This is one of the small specialty shops which sometimes can be found in the most unlikely places. I wouldn't have... more travel advice
Close to the museum there is the old St Sebastian church. It doesn't look much from the outside and it's always locked,... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Ladenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sleepy town with lots of history"
- "The town of the half-timbered houses"
- "Ancient Roman Place"
- "LADENBURG, GERMANY"
- "A Wombat in Ladenburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ladenburg
- Hotels in Ladenburg
- Transportation in Ladenburg
- Nightlife in Ladenburg
- Restaurants in Ladenburg
- Shopping in Ladenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Ladenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ladenburg
- 24 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Ladenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ladenburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos