"Mannheim - a nice place to live in" Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim by christine.j
Mannheim Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 454 photos
While January was quite warm, February has turned out to be freezing. Minus 16 in the morning makes the minus 8 in the afternoon feel comfortably warm.
The storks in the park decided not to fly south last autumn - I'm not sure if they had bargained for these temperatures. It was the first time I saw storks in snow.
As far as touristy cities go, Mannheim has always been in the shadow of Heidelberg. It's even difficult to find some Mannheim souvenirs, for those visitors who'd like some. But it's a nice place to live in. I've lived here in the Mannheim area for the last 25 years.There are good shopping opportunities, a large variety of schools to choose from - though this is not of any interests to visitors - and also a lot of nature, more than people think when they are driving through the city.
- Pros:A nice place to live in
- Cons:Not much to do for tourists
- In a nutshell:Worth a few hours visit
Seckenheim is a suburb of Mannheim, whose water tower is called the baldhead. When you see the tower you know why, it... more travel advice
The last ruling prince-elector of Mannheim, Carl Theodor, loved to go hunting.His hunting parties were famous.He had... more travel advice
- See All The new Bus Station
- See All The pacifier tree
- See All Food from all over the World
christine.j's Related Pages
Mannheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mannheim - a nice place to live in"
- "tessy's new Mannheim Page"
- "Opera in Mannheim"
- "Mannheim - so much more than industrial city :-))"
- "Home Base: Manneheim"
- "Mannheim - a beautiful city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mannheim
- Hotels in Mannheim
- Transportation in Mannheim
- Nightlife in Mannheim
- Restaurants in Mannheim
- Shopping in Mannheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Mannheim
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rio de Janeiro
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Sibu Hotels
- Jacksonville Beach Hotels
- Manasota Key Hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh
- Saint Julian's
- Sunny Beach
- Pulau Batam
- Peapack and Gladstone Hotels
- San Francisco
- Hat Yai
- Bergen op Zoom
- Bethune Beach Hotels
- Monterosso al Mare
- Traverse City
Badges & Stats in Mannheim
- 46 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 37 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Mannheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mannheim
- Posted in Travel Venice Forum "Re: Things to do with children in..."
- Wrote a Review Lift museum in the "baldhead" in Mannheim Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lift museum in the "baldhead""
- updated a Mannheim Travel Page "Mannheim - a nice place to live in"
- Commented on one of carrie.kindred's Mannheim travel pages
Photos in MannheimSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 41 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 46 reviews, 53 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Mannheim hotel reviews