"Built around a monastery" Maulbronn by christine.j
Maulbronn Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 92 photos
Maulbronn is a nice, small town built around a monastery which is on UNESCO's list of World Heritage places. The monastery is said to be the best still existing north of the Alps. Still existing - I mean the buildings are still standing, the monks are no longer there.
There is wall around the area with gates, but the inner yard is part of the town.During our first visit there we had seen signs to the police station, the court house and some other city offices, but never found them. Only later did we realize that they are inside the walls, together with two restaurants and several shops.
Many people come to visit the monastery and a guided tour is well worth it.
Around the town you can see vineyards - no matter where monks were living, they knew how to either brew good beer or produce good wine. Wine from Maulbronn still is very good.
Most people come to Maulbronn for the cloister, but there is more to do and see. Maulbronn has a few very nice walking... more travel advice
Bretten is a nice, small town , less than half an hour by car from Maulbronn. We stopped there to visit the... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Maulbronn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maulbronn monastery: a gem in Baden-Württemberg"
- "Built around a monastery"
- "Maulbronn Abbey"
- "Maulbronn Monastery"
- "Maulbronn - home of the famous monastery"
- "My Maulbronn"
- "A Wombat in Maulbronn Abbey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maulbronn
- Hotels in Maulbronn
- Transportation in Maulbronn
- Restaurants in Maulbronn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maulbronn
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Maulbronn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maulbronn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos