"Abergavenny / y Fenni" Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny by christine.j

Abergavenny Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 217 photos

A busy Market Town with a Treasure

While planning my trip to Wales I had asked many questions in the forum. Several VT members helped me, especially Anne ( Mendip 06). She is working in the Abergavenny Tourist Information and so has a deep knowledge of the area.
I only had a very short time in Abergavenny as I was on my way from Brecon to Shrewsbury, but Anne and I were able to meet. I could store my bags in her office and then she took me to see the treasure of Abergavenny, a Jesse tree from 15th century.

• Last visit to Abergavenny: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 22, 2006

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 2:08 AM

This Last Supper statue is adoring!! So different and so more interesting than as a painting! To bad that the café is closed, the "customer orientation" seemed excellent :-)

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2008 at 2:58 AM

Christine -lots more restoration work completed now. I'd love to show you around on your next visit. Meanwhile must do more on my page for you to see!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Fascinating history :~)

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Shame about the restaurant!!

• May 17, 2007 at 8:18 AM

This place is no more! I noticed this week that it is now an antiques shop.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Excellent find!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2007 at 3:24 AM

Thanks for discovering all these hidden gems for us. A VT friend in a new place is always welcome I'm sure.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 3:58 PM

A Jesse tree from 15th century seems intereesting to see. Glad to hear you meet someone to help you, surely from VT-gang :-)

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 11:59 AM

I was in Fenni (easier to spell!) on Saturday, we went hiking in the Black Mountains. We saw St. Mary's church from outside - should really have gone in, it sounds very interesting :)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 5:33 AM

Nice page with interesting details!

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Abergavenny

Have you been to Abergavenny?

Latest Activity in Abergavenny