"What a beautiful area" Top 5 Page for this destination Brecon Beacons by christine.j

Brecon Beacons Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 107 photos

Mountains, small towns and sheep

I had chosen a hotel in Brecon for my stay in this beautiful area, as many buses stop there. Now I wasn't sure how to arrange this page about the Brecon Beacons and I finally decided to put general information on this page and to write separate pages for the towns I visited.

I didn't see any snow

No snow, but apart from this I got soaked within minutes even though I was holding an umbrella, a few minutes later the sun was shining so bright that I was searching for my sunglasses in my wet bag, yet a few minutes later a strong wind was blowing and I was blown dry again.
It felt like April in October, but I was able to see some spectacular rainbows.

Different colours

The mountains seemed to change their colour depending on the light. It must be an artist's paradise here.

• Pros:I loved it there, even though I couldn't go hiking
  • Cons:Difficult bus schedules
  • In a nutshell:Without a car, lots of planning ahead is needed
  • Last visit to Brecon Beacons: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 11, 2006

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Another interesting little page about your adventures in Wales. I especially like your helpful collection of transportation links.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2008 at 7:03 AM

Thanks or the insight.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Great transport tips Christine. I have happy memories of touring here as a child and slightly more recently with friends, but can't imagine trying to do it without a car ;-)

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Just continuing your Welsh wanderings with you :~)

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 6:12 AM

Hi Christine..If you come to South Wales again let me know. I life 60min from Brecon and I'll buy you a cuppa next time..

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 1:46 AM

Would love to go on the Heart of Wales Line, but not so sure about the buses in the area, even more confusing than in the parts of Britain I've visited. Wonderful scenery in your beautiful photos.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Great and enjoyable transportation tips. Oh, I had no idea about dangerous mountains there. I love the sheep and rainbow's pictures!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 4:02 AM

The Heart of Wales Line sounds like a must do! Excellent transport tips.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Nice photos of your trip to the Brecon Beacons and excellent tips to keep travellers from getting too confused by the busses! I really enjoyed my short time there many years ago and after reading your tips am really thankful I borrowed a relative's car!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 5:32 PM

The joys of public transport in Britain!!! That is a lovely train journey - I'vbe done the Llandovery-Shrewsbury leg and loved it - the driver took our 12 year old son in the loco with him - a big thrill for a boy. leyle

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Brecon Beacons

Have you been to Brecon Beacons?

Latest Activity in Brecon Beacons