"A very impressive cathedral" Top 5 Page for this destination Bury Saint Edmunds by christine.j

Bury Saint Edmunds Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 186 photos

Last year, in 2005, I was able to spend a few hours in Bury St Edmunds and had liked it very much. This year, when I was searching for affordable accomodation in Cambridge - unsuccessfully - I decided to go to Bury St Edmunds instead. This gave me the chance to spend more time in this pretty little town, and it's only about 45 minutes by train to Cambridge.

• Last visit to Bury Saint Edmunds: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 29, 2006

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2010 at 12:19 AM

The cathedral looks fabulous!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 1:36 AM

I love that bathtub :-)))

• leics's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Must go to Bury soon! No, there were no lynx/elk/bears to be seen. But I think, if one went off the walkway and into the wilds (bit scary) they'd be there (especially in winter). Nearly time for your hols! J

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 12:54 AM

What a charming garden and a great cathedral! The B&B sounds a bit expensive though.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 10:53 AM

Beautiful gardens, cathedral and the Abbey gate. The only thing I would object to is the price of your B&B but I know it's hard to find a single room. Lovely photos.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Impressive cathedral, lovely flowers and garden. And I like this bathtube put in the middle of the bathroom.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 4:33 AM

That gate is impressive! That would be worth an extra tip! Lovely destination!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 10:36 AM

I see what you mean about the size of the gate - the gardens look lovely in summer colour

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Great tips on your short time in Bury Saint Edmunds! We actually stopped briefly here while on the way toward Cambridge but it was in February. No flower gardens for us and the cathedral was undergoing repairs!

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Bury Saint Edmunds

Have you been to Bury Saint Edmunds?

Latest Activity in Bury Saint Edmunds