Isle of Man Shopping Tips by christine.j Top 5 Page for this destination
Isle of Man Shopping: 6 reviews and 9 photos
An island which has both an official fairy bridge and a real fairy bridge also needs to have a fairy shop. It is located in the town centre, on Duke Street, you can't miss it as one look in the shop window will tell you all about the theme of this shop. Anything connected with fairies can be found there, small statues,jewellery, letters, paintings, poems etc.
My husband had one short look into the window and decided to wait outside, by the way.
But they also carry some other things, I bought two cans of flowers. After the can has been opened, it needs to be watered regularly and then -hopefully- some flowers grow out of it. So far I'm busily watering mine, but I cannot see any tiny green spot growing. I'll have to wait, I suppose.
Address: Duke Street, Douglas
Theme: Local Craft
In Port Erin I found this small book store. It was crowded inside, full of books, also some dvds, lots of books about the Isle of Man, language, history, landscape etc. A very nice atmosphere, I really liked it there and of course I couldn't leave without buying something.The lady running the store was helpful, not only with information about books but also with touristic tips.
Directions: Down at the waterside in Port Erin, close to the Falcon's Nest Hotel
Books, books and books
I could easily have spent a lot of time in the indoor market halls, as there were two used books stalls there, with lots of books to look through.Prices started from 50 p . Another stall was sellling used records and videos, yet another sold tea towels, aprons and scarves.
Directions: The market halls are towards the end of the town centre, close to the harbour. There are signs leading to it.
More Reviews (31)
- See All Ramsey
- Beware of the Ducks
- See All Open on Sunday
- See All Fairies
christine.j's Related Pages
Isle of Man Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I have to go back, there's still so much to see!"
- "TAILESS TALES"
- "Ellan Vannin"
- "Orlikins Goes to the Isle Of Man"
- "Isle of Man"
- "Rocks and Rockers"
- "Isle of Man According to Canuckmike"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Man
- Hotels in Isle of Man
- Transportation in Isle of Man
- Nightlife in Isle of Man
- Restaurants in Isle of Man
- Shopping in Isle of Man
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Man
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rostov-na-Donu Hotels
- Herceg-Novi Hotels
- Saint-Martin-d'Ardèche Hotels
- Badian Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Isle of Man
- 34 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Isle of Man?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Man
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 41 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 46 reviews, 53 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos