"A good base for the Lake District" Kendal by christine.j
Kendal Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 40 photos
When I planned my trip to the Lake District I found a nice B&B in Kendal and decided to make this town my base. The town is not inside the Lake District National Park, but very close.
It has its own train station, but the trains from London stop in Oxenholm, a few miles away. Oxenholme and Kendal are so close together that they seem to be one city.
Instead of changing trains and walking to the B&B I took a taxi from Oxenholm station and paid £ 6.
Kendal is a very pretty town, very hilly,too. My B&B was up on a hill, so I was getting a lot of exercise. The town centre is very nice. I liked walking along the river Kent.
In front of the town hall there is a large stone. It may have come from an old cross originally, but for three centuries... more travel advice
When I passed this very pretty building in Kendal and read its name Castle Dairy, I thought this was the place where... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Kendal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A good base for the Lake District"
- "Cartmel Fell"
- "Day Trip from Manchester"
- "A town with lots of character"
- "Kendal - Lake District"
- "Kendal ~ Historic Market Town in Cumbria ~"
- "Day trip to Kendal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kendal
- Hotels in Kendal
- Transportation in Kendal
- Restaurants in Kendal
- Shopping in Kendal
- Warnings and Dangers in Kendal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kendal
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Kendal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kendal
Photos in KendalSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos