"Don't mind the bull, he'll be fine" Lake District National Park by christine.j
Lake District National Park Travel Guide: 494 reviews and 1,335 photos
Bull?? What bull??
I had a asked a friendly lady where the public foot path turned off, she pointed to it and reassured me about a bull. It was only then that I realized that the cow standing on the path was no cow. I live in a city and when I see an animal looking like a cow I don't automatically check between its legs.
Hoping that the bull knew he was supposed to be nice, I still gave him a wide berth and walked across the very wet and muddy meadow. I wasn't the only one doing this, none of the hikers actually stayed on the path. We all preferred the muddy, wet land to passing the bull too closely.
As it turned out he was only slightly interested in us, he seemed to watch us struggling through the mud, getting very dirty, but luckily he had no desire to see us running. Nevertheless, for the way back I decided to take the bus.
I had read many things about walking in the Lake District, but an encounter with a bull was not among them.So afterwards I felt really adventurous. Don't laugh, I really did.
On the picture, the bull looks like a cute little calf, but pictures can be misleading. When you look closer you can see that he seems to have two heads and three forelegs, definitely not your average bull.
Even though I was only in the Lake District for a few days I got to see a lot through the tour I took and through the hike I did. It is a a very special area, not to be underestimated (and I'm not thinking of bulls right now) because of the exposed nature. I was there in the main season. The shores of Lake Windermere were crowded, but inside the park there were very few tourists.
Walking through the small village of Boot I found this are gallery. They had beautiful things , not the ususal tourist... more travel advice
The castle has its own chapel. When we were there, a flower exhibition was being held inside, not your ususal exhibition... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Lake District National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Right On Our Doorstep......"
- "A favourite part of the country"
- "Lake District"
- "Ben-UK's Lake District page"
- "It`s Just A Hop Skip And A Jump"
- "Scenery at its best"
- "The Lake District - scenery at its best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake District National Park
- Hotels in Lake District National Park
- Transportation in Lake District National Park
- Nightlife in Lake District National Park
- Restaurants in Lake District National Park
- Shopping in Lake District National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake District National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake District National Park
- 12 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Lake District National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake District National Park
- Posted in Travel Īle-de-France Forum "Re: Versailles-Parc des Princes -..."
- updated a Lake District National Park Travel Page "Don't mind the bull, he'll be fine"
- Commented on one of jayhawk2000's Lake District National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Special souvenirs in Lake District National Park Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Special souvenirs"
Photos in Lake District National ParkSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos