"Look up to see red kites" Llandovery by christine.j
Llandovery Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
Just in case you think I was visiting a place in the Star Wars series, Llandovery in a small town in Southern Wales. This sculpture looks like a warrior from Star Wars, but he's Llywellyn ap Gruffyd, the last Welsh prince.
He was beaten by the English king Edward I and killed in battle in 13th century. His wife happened to be King Edward's niece, but that didn't stop her uncle from fighting against him.
Today Llandovery is nice, small town, I think about 2000 people live there.
In this area of Wales there are many red kites, so there is a good chance to see some of these birds. I was lucky! There is a farm nearby where the kites can come to be fed, but unfortunately I wasn't able to go there. Something to keep for the next time.
The Heart of Wales Line stops in Llandovery. From the very small train station it's about a ten minute walk into the... more travel advice
At the corner to the Main Street there is the local craft centre. I had wanted to go there, but passed it twice,... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Llandovery Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Llandovery
- Hotels in Llandovery
- Transportation in Llandovery
- Shopping in Llandovery
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Llandovery
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to Llandovery?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llandovery
Photos in LlandoverySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos