"A Town in black and white and the best B&B ever" Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury by christine.j
Shrewsbury Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 233 photos
The river Severn makes a loop, forming a sort of peninsula. The historic part of Shrewsbury is inside this loop. There are a few bridges, the two biggest are called the English bridge and the Welsh bridge. From these names you can see that Shrewsbury is very close to the Welsh border.
In the old town there are many! half-timbered houses, in fact, the whole town seems to be black and white.
On the market square there is an interesting line on the ground which shows visitors the loop of the river and remarks on Shrewsbury's past as a trading town. I really liked that, some walk-on explanations.
Usually a B&B or a hotel is a place to sleep when I return tired from sightseeing. Here in Shrewsbury I cut down on my sightseeing to spend more time in the B&B, the Catherine of Aragon.
I'll try to be very calm and objective when writing about in the "hotel" section on this page.
Shrewsbury is very proud of its famous son, Charles Darwin. There is huge statue of him outside the library, a Darwin... more travel advice
There are quite a lot of churches in Shrewsbury, some right next to each other. I was told it used to be the custom of... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Shrewsbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Town in black and white and the best B&B ever"
- "lovely main shopping street"
- "BEAUTIFUL SHREWSBURY"
- "Shrewsbury - Town of Flowers"
- "Welcome to Shrewsbury."
- "A Shropshire Town"
- "Historic Shrewsbury"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shrewsbury
- Hotels in Shrewsbury
- Transportation in Shrewsbury
- Nightlife in Shrewsbury
- Restaurants in Shrewsbury
- Shopping in Shrewsbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shrewsbury
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Shrewsbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shrewsbury
- Posted in Travel Königssee Forum "Re: Dog walks. "
- Wrote a Review Through Wales to Shrewsbury in Shrewsbury Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Charles Darwin was born here"
- updated a Shrewsbury Travel Page "A Town in black and white and the best B&B ever"
- Commented on one of hundwalder's Shrewsbury travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 41 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos