"Only a few hours there" Top 5 Page for this destination Swansea by christine.j

Swansea Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 255 photos

I had taken the bus down to Swansea from Brecon, through the beautiful Welsh countryside and when entering Swansea we could see the sea. It happened to be a sunny day and I was looking forward to a walk along the marina.
But my first stop was at the tourist information to find out where the Mannheim watertower is standing.

• Last visit to Swansea: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2006

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Christine, lovely little page about Swansea here. In the late 1990's I stayed a few nights in the city and also went to the Gower Peninsula from there. Of course I also took the "Heart of Wales" line to Shrewsbury from where I continued my journey to Aberystwyth.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM

It seems that the locals learnt a little too!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Swansea looks really lovely with the marina and the waterfront. And the ruins of the old castle are just great. What a pity they have the modern skyscrapers looming over them.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 11:03 AM

A very nice little page on Swansea, a spot I missed on my one short excursion into Wales. Those are beautiful waterfront pics and the old castle does make a great contrast! The National Waterfront Museum sounds interesting.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Interesting tip in the museum. Indeed, these old castle ruins look like from another world among modern architecture around.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 3:23 AM

Another town I have yet to visit one day!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Nice to find a piece of home in Swansea

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Isn't Swansea where you catch the ferry to Ireland? Looks familiar....

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 5:54 AM

I have only been slightly into Wales must get to Swansea.

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Swansea

Have you been to Swansea?

Latest Activity in Swansea