"Alsace - beautiful scenery, full of history" Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace by christine.j

Alsace Travel Guide: 2,130 reviews and 6,761 photos

Update in October 2009:
Just a shopping tip and a tip about Soufflenheim.

We had planned to drive through Alsace, taking our time, visiting the beautiful small towns and villages and spending a night here or there. But when I started looking in January - and I was looking for hotels during the last weekend of May - every hotel I asked was already fully booked.True, there may have been a five star hotel left as I didn't check there. But it was clear that we had to change our plans.

I then looked on the German side of the border and found a nice hotel in Eschbach. I include it in this page, even though it's not in Alsace. But it's close enough to stay there and do day trips into Alsace.

• Last visit to Alsace: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2009

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Some nice tips over here! So far, I've only spend time in southern Alsace, but Wissembourg appears to be very interesting as well, so yet another reason to go back.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 2:41 AM

What a pretty village this is! The Castle, a great photo of it, what a view you have from there!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

What a good destination this is! I loved the picture by the bridge all looks so pretty! Your hotel sounds good even if it was on the otherside of the border Thanks Christine enjoyed the virtual tour!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I wonder what happed on that cathedral wall???Very mystrious...great pictures! Norman :)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Ah, finally :-)) I must come back to Wissembourg, missed so much! This hand and inscription is indeed mysterious :-)) Haha, yes, the dragon looks so cute. And Colmar... ok, maybe the Rüdesheim of Alsace?

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Alsace