Florence Hotel Tips by christine.j
Florence Hotels: 107,935 reviews and 495 photos
This hotel is right in the center of Florence, about 100 m from the Duomo. While this means it is noisy, especially at night, it also means you're very close to the main museums.
Before booking the hotel I had checked tripadvisor and was warned against
- the noise: True, it is loud, but not too bad, as the windows shut off much of the noise.
- a strange smell: Also true, but luckily mostly in the hallway and once in the breakfast room.
Since I had got a very good deal, about 90 Euro a night, I had booked it. We had a very large room with a large bathroom. Breakfast was included, buffet style. The breakfast room is small,in the cellar, some guests had to wait for free tables. It was also the only time in Italy when the coffee was undrinkable, too bad! However , there was hot water for tea and lots of juice.
There were a few problems while we were there, the TV didn't work and it took a while to be repaired, one evening there was a power black-out - a good way to meet your neighbours!, as everyone met in the hall asking "Is it dark in your room as well?"-.
Internet was advertised in the lobby, but when I asked I was told it's broken. I asked about an internet café nearby, but the receptionist had no idea.
For what we paid I thought it was a very good value, however, I would never have paid their rackrate of about 270 Euro a double.
Address: Via Martelli 10, Florence, FI 50129
Price Comparison: about average
More Reviews (17)
christine.j's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 18 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: locker facilities at euston..."
- Commented on one of Maurizioago's Florence travel pages
- Wrote a Review Don't panic here! in Florence Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't panic here!"
- created a Florence Travel Page "Art, and Art, and,well, Art. Oh yes,and good food!"
Read real reviews about Florence Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (59)
- Il Duomo - Santa Maria del Fiore- 249 Reviews, 514 Photos
- Ponte Vecchio- 191 Reviews, 322 Photos
- Uffizi Gallery - Galleria Degli Uffizi- 174 Reviews, 242 Photos
- Piazzale Michelangelo- 74 Reviews, 138 Photos
- David Statue- 71 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Basilica Di Santa Croce- 122 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Pitti Palace - Palazzo Pitti- 67 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Galleria dell'Accademia- 80 Reviews, 84 Photos
- Piazza Della Signoria- 97 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Palazzo Vecchio- 77 Reviews, 158 Photos
See All Florence Things to Do