Florence Hotel Tips by christine.j

Florence Hotels: 86,927 reviews and 473 photos

Fenice Palace Hotel: Excellent location! Fenice Palace Hotel Review

This hotel is right in the center of Florence, about 100 m from the Duomo. While this means it is noisy, especially at night, it also means you're very close to the main museums.
Before booking the hotel I had checked tripadvisor and was warned against
- the noise: True, it is loud, but not too bad, as the windows shut off much of the noise.
- a strange smell: Also true, but luckily mostly in the hallway and once in the breakfast room.

Since I had got a very good deal, about 90 Euro a night, I had booked it. We had a very large room with a large bathroom. Breakfast was included, buffet style. The breakfast room is small,in the cellar, some guests had to wait for free tables. It was also the only time in Italy when the coffee was undrinkable, too bad! However , there was hot water for tea and lots of juice.

There were a few problems while we were there, the TV didn't work and it took a while to be repaired, one evening there was a power black-out - a good way to meet your neighbours!, as everyone met in the hall asking "Is it dark in your room as well?"-.
Internet was advertised in the lobby, but when I asked I was told it's broken. I asked about an internet café nearby, but the receptionist had no idea.

For what we paid I thought it was a very good value, however, I would never have paid their rackrate of about 270 Euro a double.

Address: Via Martelli 10, Florence, FI 50129

Comparison: about average

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence

Visiting Florence?
Read real reviews about Florence Hotels!

Top 10 Florence Things to Do