"Cluny: Horses,History ,Food and Wine" Cluny by christine.j
Cluny Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 78 photos
Cluny today is a small town in the Bourgogne, with all the good food and good wines this area in France is famous for. But for almost 500 years the largest christian church was standing there,the Cluny Abbey.
You can still see parts of it.
Apart from all this I like to stay in Cluny when I'm visiting nearby Taizé, as I prefer a hotel bed to the bunk bed or the tents in Taizé. Probably a sign of old age approaching very fast.
In July 2008 I went back to Cluny for my third visit. I just like it as much as ever. There is a wonderful mixture of relaxed French countryside and services for tourists.
I know I will be back.
During the first days of our stay in Cluny in March 2006 it was raining, on the last day it was snowing heavily.So I took a picture of the flower stall on the street which gave us hope that spring was indeed coming.
- Pros:A beautiful small town in France
- Cons:Parking inside the old part is a nightmare
I cannot tell you much about the oldest house in Cluny, so I cannot make this a "what to do" tip. It's just a very nice... more travel advice
Next to the church and the museum there is the excavation site. It's open and you can walk around freely. The Hôtel de... more travel advice
christine.j's Related Pages
Cluny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cluny: Horses,History ,Food and Wine"
- "Cluny in Burgundy"
- "Tourists, tourists everywhere"
- "Site of the Once World's Largest Catholic Church"
- "My Cluny"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cluny
- Hotels in Cluny
- Transportation in Cluny
- Restaurants in Cluny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cluny
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Cluny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cluny
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos