"History in Miniature" Arnstadt by christine.j
Arnstadt Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 42 photos
Arnstadt is a small town in Thuringia, but that's not what I mean when I say History in Miniature. There is a wonderful exhibition in Arnstadt, a complete miniature town of the late 17th century. A gem for a doll collector, but also something very special for people interested in history.
The picture shows a fountain in the town centre, where a knight is guarding the water.
After visiting the exhibition, we strolled through this lovely little town. I would have liked to spend more time there and see some more.
We wanted to have some coffee and some of the famous Thuringia cake, but most cafés were closed, and the one we found open didn't have any local cakes. It was early afternoon on a public holiday, and other tourists were also walking around, looking for a café. Another reason to come back later and try again.
christine.j's Related Pages
Arnstadt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Oldest City in Turingia"
- "History in Miniature"
- "Where JS Bach had his first job as church musician"
- "Town of Arnstadt - Landkreis Ilm-Kreis - Thuringia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arnstadt
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Arnstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arnstadt
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos