Bodensee Tourist Trap Tips by christine.j Top 5 Page for this destination

Bodensee Tourist Traps: 2 reviews and 1 photos

Not worth the trip

My mother had read about a doll museum in Kippenhausen, so we went there. This museum can serve as an example of a tourist trap.
True, there are lots of dolls on display. BUT:
No explanation whatsoever! Everything is set down without a single plate or note, like how old it is or which manufacturer etc. The items are arranged in no specific order, it seems whenever something else was bought it was put down next to last one.
There is one room, dedicated to toys from the 1960s to the 1980s, the only time I say a sign
(except the" No Pictures! "sign). But also in this room there were items on display which clearly were a lot older than from the 1960s. Even I was able to tell that,and
I'm no expert. My mother is, and she saw even more incongruities.
The woman at the entrance was friendly enough, but she didn't know anything, as she was only there to collect the money.

The museum is on two stories, and to get there we had to climb up two very steep stairs. Since most of the visitors were old ladies, we heard a lot of moaning about that.

The address is
Cafe-Museum "Zum Puppenhaus"
Kirchberger Straße 15
88090 Immenstaad-Kippenhausen

Entrance fee is 3,50 Euro.

Unique Suggestions: Have some coffee and cake in the café next door. I had the freshly baked waffles, they were so delicious!! Then forget about the museum.

Fun Alternatives: We went to another dolls museum afterwards, very hard to find , but it turned out to be a gem! I'll write about it in the "off the beaten path" tip.

• Updated Jun 18, 2007

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Bodensee

Have you been to Bodensee?