Bodensee Tourist Trap Tips by christine.j Top 5 Page for this destination
Bodensee Tourist Traps: 2 reviews and 1 photos
My mother had read about a doll museum in Kippenhausen, so we went there. This museum can serve as an example of a tourist trap.
True, there are lots of dolls on display. BUT:
No explanation whatsoever! Everything is set down without a single plate or note, like how old it is or which manufacturer etc. The items are arranged in no specific order, it seems whenever something else was bought it was put down next to last one.
There is one room, dedicated to toys from the 1960s to the 1980s, the only time I say a sign
(except the" No Pictures! "sign). But also in this room there were items on display which clearly were a lot older than from the 1960s. Even I was able to tell that,and
I'm no expert. My mother is, and she saw even more incongruities.
The woman at the entrance was friendly enough, but she didn't know anything, as she was only there to collect the money.
The museum is on two stories, and to get there we had to climb up two very steep stairs. Since most of the visitors were old ladies, we heard a lot of moaning about that.
The address is
Cafe-Museum "Zum Puppenhaus"
Kirchberger Straße 15
Entrance fee is 3,50 Euro.
Unique Suggestions: Have some coffee and cake in the café next door. I had the freshly baked waffles, they were so delicious!! Then forget about the museum.
Fun Alternatives: We went to another dolls museum afterwards, very hard to find , but it turned out to be a gem! I'll write about it in the "off the beaten path" tip.
More Reviews (11)
christine.j's Related Pages
Bodensee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Teddy Bears, Dolls and Running at the Bodensee"
- "The Bodensee - Lake Constance"
- "BODENSEE - The Lake of Constance"
- "An International Lake"
- "Bodensee a.k.a. Lake Constance"
- "Fun Weekend"
- "Lake Constance"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bodensee
- Hotels in Bodensee
- Transportation in Bodensee
- Restaurants in Bodensee
- Shopping in Bodensee
- Warnings and Dangers in Bodensee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bodensee
- 12 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Bodensee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bodensee
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: Is booking in advance..."
- updated a Bodensee Travel Page "Teddy Bears, Dolls and Running at the Bodensee"
- Wrote a Review Beautiful, but far too expensive in Bodensee Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful, but far too expensive"
- Commented on one of Erin09340's Bodensee travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos