"Teddy Bears, Dolls and Running at the Bodensee" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodensee by christine.j

Bodensee Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 141 photos

Running along the Bodensee

The last time I was at Lake Constance it was all about teddy bears and dolls, this time it was for running. I had decided to run my first full marathon there. It was great, blue sky, blue lake, lots of people, wonderful atmosphere - just perfect!

My mother collects old toys, mainly teddy bears and dolls, so for her birthday my sister and I took her to a teddy bear hotel at Lake Constance, the Bodensee. While we were there we visited two toy museums, one of the very good, the other a perfect example for a tourist trap.
Of course, we also walked along the lake and enjoyed the scenery, but the main focus was on old toys.
Unfortunately, all my pictures got lost when I was copying them on the computer and I wasn't able to save them.

• Last visit to Bodensee: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Now I learned that Bavaria does have a sea access; a new lesson. The area looks attractive, and compares to so many nice places in Germany. We go to Munich area in May.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

What a lovely page Christine! I know I would enjoy my time here, would definately stay at the teddy bear hotel and go to the Museum in the Cellar, it all sounds wonderful!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Ah, so you have updated with Lindau :-)) Thanks for all the recommendations, and I realised that the Bären Hotel is only 10 km from Lindau, so maybe I rent a bike inn June. And will have a look for the old church :-)

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Too bad you lost your photos, but I was able to bear with your page, anyway. Excellent bear facts on the bear-tifacts. Your prose bear-ly missed a beat...

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Thanks for sharing the "bear" facts!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 3:13 AM

An interesting page, Christine! I saw Bodensee from apart on my way to Freiburg. There is a doll museum in Moscow but I've never been there. May be one day... Thanks for sharing!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 2:58 AM

An unusual page and so interesting to get an insight into this passion for old toys. Sounds like you alll had a wonderful time :))

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 12:42 PM

What a beary nice page! I'm so sorry you couldn't retrieve your photos - but that would mean you'll have to return, right:) I hope you're enjoying your summer!! We're still trapped in the heat of Sofia

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 1:25 PM

Christine = even without your pictures you managed a great little page :)) I would love to stay in a hotel with all the teddy bears

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Badges & Stats in Bodensee

Have you been to Bodensee?