"German parrots" christine.j's Profile

Some years ago several parrots escaped from their cage and decided to settle down in Germany for good. They have survived harsh winters and now we have large colonies of these birds all along the river Rhine - and Neckar, for there are also about 100 in Heidelberg. There they meet each night in front of the train station to sleep in a tree there. The noise is unbelievable and very often visitors are surprised to see them

My little koala

Even though I've never been to Australia my travel talisman is a koala.He's been with me on many travels. Over the years he sat on many hotel tables, very often in the UK, but also in other European countries and in Israel.

Dwarf? Elf? Green Man??

Walking my dog in the late afternoon I thought I had seen a dwarf out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to have a closer look, and it still looked like a dwarf resting. I felt I was in the middle of a fairy tale or the Lord of the Rings.

The next day I took my camera to get a picture of the dwarf/elf. It's still there. Doesn't it look exactly like a dwarf or elf? You have to walk up very close to it to realize it's just some branches and leaves.

A few words about myself

I'm 58, have a large family and lead a very busy and happy life.
We had students from many countries stay with us, so apart from my own travels I've done a lot of travelling to touristy places in Germany as well.
I like walking and hiking very much and I'm very much interested in bird-watching or any other wildlife.
One of my hobbies is running, any distance from 5k to a marathon, but mostly 10k runs.It's a great way to see sights and nature.

• Intro Updated Jun 23, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
christine.j's Profile Photo

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Real Name