"German parrots" christine.j's Profile
Some years ago several parrots escaped from their cage and decided to settle down in Germany for good. They have survived harsh winters and now we have large colonies of these birds all along the river Rhine - and Neckar, for there are also about 100 in Heidelberg. There they meet each night in front of the train station to sleep in a tree there. The noise is unbelievable and very often visitors are surprised to see them
Even though I've never been to Australia my travel talisman is a koala.He's been with me on many travels. Over the years he sat on many hotel tables, very often in the UK, but also in other European countries and in Israel.
Walking my dog in the late afternoon I thought I had seen a dwarf out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to have a closer look, and it still looked like a dwarf resting. I felt I was in the middle of a fairy tale or the Lord of the Rings.
The next day I took my camera to get a picture of the dwarf/elf. It's still there. Doesn't it look exactly like a dwarf or elf? You have to walk up very close to it to realize it's just some branches and leaves.
I'm 60, have a large family and lead a very busy and happy life.
We had students from many countries stay with us, so apart from my own travels I've done a lot of travelling to touristy places in Germany as well.
I like walking and hiking very much and I'm very much interested in bird-watching or any other wildlife.
One of my hobbies is running, any distance from 5k to a marathon, but mostly 10k runs.It's a great way to see sights and nature.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 909 Reviews
- 1,558 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 71 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Has anyone heard from Wal, VT..."
- Commented on one of chattygirl7491's Yellowstone National Park travelogues
- christine.j and chattygirl7491 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excellent food, very good service"
updated their Profile Page "German parrots"
- Wrote a Review A Room with a View in Hamburg Hotels
- updated a Hamburg Travel Page "Hamburg - always worth a visit"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 44 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos