"German parrots" christine.j's Profile
Some years ago several parrots escaped from their cage and decided to settle down in Germany for good. They have survived harsh winters and now we have large colonies of these birds all along the river Rhine - and Neckar, for there are also about 100 in Heidelberg. There they meet each night in front of the train station to sleep in a tree there. The noise is unbelievable and very often visitors are surprised to see them
Even though I've never been to Australia my travel talisman is a koala.He's been with me on many travels. Over the years he sat on many hotel tables, very often in the UK, but also in other European countries and in Israel.
Walking my dog in the late afternoon I thought I had seen a dwarf out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to have a closer look, and it still looked like a dwarf resting. I felt I was in the middle of a fairy tale or the Lord of the Rings.
The next day I took my camera to get a picture of the dwarf/elf. It's still there. Doesn't it look exactly like a dwarf or elf? You have to walk up very close to it to realize it's just some branches and leaves.
I'm 58, have a large family and lead a very busy and happy life.
We had students from many countries stay with us, so apart from my own travels I've done a lot of travelling to touristy places in Germany as well.
I like walking and hiking very much and I'm very much interested in bird-watching or any other wildlife.
One of my hobbies is running, any distance from 5k to a marathon, but mostly 10k runs.It's a great way to see sights and nature.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 866 Reviews
- 1,451 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 68 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
- Commented on joiwatani's profile page
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: 2 weeks in Germany"
- christine.j and munki are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "German parrots"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nativity Scenes from all over the World , Dec-Feb "
- updated a Lourdes Travel Page "Two very different faces of Lourdes"
- Wrote a Review Respect the lunch hour! in Lourdes Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 41 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 46 reviews, 53 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos