"German parrots" christine.j's Profile
Some years ago several parrots escaped from their cage and decided to settle down in Germany for good. They have survived harsh winters and now we have large colonies of these birds all along the river Rhine - and Neckar, for there are also about 100 in Heidelberg. There they meet each night in front of the train station to sleep in a tree there. The noise is unbelievable and very often visitors are surprised to see them
Even though I've never been to Australia my travel talisman is a koala.He's been with me on many travels. Over the years he sat on many hotel tables, very often in the UK, but also in other European countries and in Israel.
Walking my dog in the late afternoon I thought I had seen a dwarf out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to have a closer look, and it still looked like a dwarf resting. I felt I was in the middle of a fairy tale or the Lord of the Rings.
The next day I took my camera to get a picture of the dwarf/elf. It's still there. Doesn't it look exactly like a dwarf or elf? You have to walk up very close to it to realize it's just some branches and leaves.
I'm 58, have a large family and lead a very busy and happy life.
We had students from many countries stay with us, so apart from my own travels I've done a lot of travelling to touristy places in Germany as well.
I like walking and hiking very much and I'm very much interested in bird-watching or any other wildlife.
One of my hobbies is running, any distance from 5k to a marathon, but mostly 10k runs.It's a great way to see sights and nature.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 892 Reviews
- 1,510 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 70 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: Travelling to Germany with..."
- Commented on one of planxty's London travel pages
- christine.j and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- updated a Reykjavík Travel Page "Unexpected Reykjavik"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Unexpected Reykjavik"
- Wrote a Review Icelandic lunch in Reykjavík Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "German parrots"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 41 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 47 reviews, 54 photos
- Usedom Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 34 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Weinheim Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos