"Mopti: very annoying river town" Region de Mopti by chrisvandenbroucke
Region de Mopti Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 81 photos
Mopti lives by and from the Niger river.
The harbour is the real centre of the city
As everywhere in Mali, the street scene is very colourful
Disadvantage of Mopti is that the people are a nuisance.
They're always harrassing you to get you a Dogon tour, a river trip, to get you to a restaurant of their family...
We had one guide who followed us the whole day - he even came to sit at our restaurant table in the evening. I could hit him
Most backpacker stay in Sevare instead of in Mopti because there are many more possibilities for cheap and good guesthouses there.
It's 12 km away from Mopti but by pickuptruck it costs you only around 150-200 CFA one way and it takes 10 minutes.
Don't believe taxidrivers when they say there are no more bache's (pickuptruck). It's ***.
This is a picture I'm very proud of - it summons up the feelings of the local women towards tourists. The front woman... more travel advice
Now comes a selection of pictures of black women in the little villages. You may accuse me of being a sexiest tourist... more travel advice
chrisvandenbroucke's Related Pages
Region de Mopti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of the fishes"
- "Mopti: very annoying river town"
- "Soft Mali"
- "Mopti in May is hot, hot, hot!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Region de Mopti
- Hotels in Region de Mopti
- Transportation in Region de Mopti
- Restaurants in Region de Mopti
- Warnings and Dangers in Region de Mopti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Region de Mopti
- 27 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Region de Mopti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Region de Mopti
Photos in Region de MoptiSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Thailand Intro, 40 reviews, 35 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Region de Mopti Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Bandiagara Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Marrakesh 27 reviews, 27 photos
- Djenne Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Bago 28 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.