"Starting point of Dogon Trip" Bandiagara by chrisvandenbroucke
Bandiagara Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos
From Mopti we rode with a 4x4 to Bandiagara on a sandy road.
Bandiagara is two hours (75 km) away from Mopti
We changed cars and a big Peugeot brought us to our first Dogon village: Dziguibombo
We had a good guide, called Dogon, and he explained us a lot about the local customs
Normally, visitors should give cola-nuts to the chef de village. We had bought them in Mopti (8000 CFA/1 kilo) and handed them.
The nuts gives the local people energy (they say) but when they chew enough of them, the nuts work like drugs
During our 4day trek, there's wasn't much variation.
We either had chicken for diner and spaghetti for lunch or the other way around.
For breakfast we had bread, tea of coffee and some kind of fried flourballs. Not bad
Day 4 of 4 In this village, Benigmato ended our wonderful trek. It's was a great but tough experience more travel advice
chrisvandenbroucke's Related Pages
Bandiagara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dogon Country Adventure"
- "FALAISE DU BANDIAGARA"
- "Dogon Treking"
- "Starting point of Dogon Trip"
- "Capital of Dogon Country"
- "Dogon Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandiagara
- Hotels in Bandiagara
- Transportation in Bandiagara
- Restaurants in Bandiagara
- Shopping in Bandiagara
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandiagara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandiagara
- 27 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bandiagara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandiagara
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Thailand Intro, 40 reviews, 35 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Region de Mopti Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Bandiagara Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Marrakesh 27 reviews, 27 photos
- Djenne Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Bago 28 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.