"Wonderful ceremony at the temple" Kintamani by chrisvandenbroucke
Kintamani Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 111 photos
Twice a year there's an enormous ceremony at the Kintamani Temple and we were lucky to witness it because we didn't about it in advance.
All the Balinese living in the neighbourhood come to celebrate there, three days in a row.
The rich Balinese have their own house temple, their family temple. They come from even remote villages to pay honour to their deceased family members
After having made their offerings, man as well as women receive some rice grains which they stick on their forehead...
- Pros:Impressive temple ceremony
- In a nutshell:A real find !!!
The most expensive for us, backpackers, at 100.000 Rps a night. But what a fantastic sight over Gunung and Lake... more travel advice
chrisvandenbroucke's Related Pages
Kintamani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just chill out here!"
- "Kintamani - Mount Batur, Lake Batur & Danau Batur"
- "Kintamani, The Mount and The Lake Batur"
- "Famous For the Volcano and Lake Views"
- "Wonderful ceremony at the temple"
- "Climbing Gunung Batur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kintamani
- Hotels in Kintamani
- Transportation in Kintamani
- Restaurants in Kintamani
- Warnings and Dangers in Kintamani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kintamani
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kintamani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kintamani
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Thailand Intro, 40 reviews, 35 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Region de Mopti Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Bandiagara Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Marrakesh 27 reviews, 27 photos
- Djenne Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Bago 28 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.