"Battambang, relaxed provincial town" Battambang by chrisvandenbroucke
Battambang Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 698 photos
Battambang is a relaxed provincial place where travelers only stop because the distance between Phnom Peng and Siem Reap is too long to do it in one day (by road I mean).
I deliberately chose to stay there 2 nights because I was not in a hurry and wanted to relax among the local people.
There's a Wat in Battambang that should be a little bit older than Angkor Wat.
Gradually building up your Cambodia trip, it's a good start going there first.
It isn't renovated but has a nice, old charm
When looking for a dinner place, I came by a place that was recommended in the Lonely Planet.
I don't remember teh name but it's situated on the corner near the Museum.
I thought it was too expensive for me but when I had a glimpse, I saw a woman singing on stage.
I was the only spectator and watched a few minutes.
She deserved an applause only for her courage
- Pros:nice, relaxed
- Cons:not much to see
- In a nutshell:Not a must but not a don't do also
In Cambodia the better food is on the streets. I never ate in restaurants but i'm a backpacker and go for the real... more travel advice
This small temple is called 'Little Angkor Wat' because it ressembles the architectural style of the more famous... more travel advice
chrisvandenbroucke's Related Pages
Battambang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finding the Balance in Battambang"
- "Battambang - the town, that awakes at rush hour"
- "Camboya en Torrelavega"
- "First "off the beaten path""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Battambang
- Hotels in Battambang
- Transportation in Battambang
- Nightlife in Battambang
- Restaurants in Battambang
- Shopping in Battambang
- Warnings and Dangers in Battambang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Battambang
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Battambang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Battambang
- Posted in Travel Cuba Forum "Re: Transport Varadero -> Havana"
- Commented on one of LotusV8's Battambang travel pages
- Wrote a Review What do you have in the pot? in Battambang Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "What do you have in the pot?"
- created a Battambang Travel Page "Battambang, relaxed provincial town"
Photos in BattambangSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Thailand Intro, 40 reviews, 35 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Region de Mopti Intro, 27 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Bandiagara Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Marrakesh 27 reviews, 27 photos
- Djenne Intro, 27 reviews, 26 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Bago 28 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.