"It's fun being a cowboy!!" Boerne by carlrea
Boerne Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 66 photos
Boerne, the county seat of Kendall County, is boundaried by Cibolo Creek, Interstate Highway 10, and U.S. Highway 87 some thirty miles northwest of San Antonio in the southern part of the county. In 1849 a group of German colonists from Bettina camped on the north side of Cibolo Creek, about a mile west of present-day Boerne. They called their new community Tusculum, after Cicero's home in ancient Rome. In 1852 Gustav Theissen and John James laid out the town's site and changed the name to Boerne in honor of Ludwig Börne, a German poet and publicist. Ironically, Mr. Boerne never visited the town that was named after him.
- Pros:Typical cowboy town, Paniolo Ranch
- Cons:a little quiet
- In a nutshell:Just like the Dukes of Hazzard Yee-ha!
carlrea's Related Pages
Boerne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boerne - Hill Country Texas Near San Antonio"
- "It's fun being a cowboy!!"
- "Boerne -- In the Heart of Texas Hill Country"
- "Home of Tootie Pie Company"
- "Basaic Boerne Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boerne
- Hotels in Boerne
- Restaurants in Boerne
- Shopping in Boerne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boerne
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Boerne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boerne
Top 10 Pages
- Bergen Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Austin Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Royton Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheshire Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos